Author Topic: Auctiva Checkout  (Read 19912 times)

Andy

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • ByteMarket.com
Auctiva Checkout
« on: August 22, 2006, 05:01:21 PM »
For those that use Auctiva, are any of you using their Checkout?

I disabled it right away when I started using Auctiva, mainly because I didn't want any extra headaches from a third-party process when eBay's checkout works great, plus buyers are used to it.

I get the part about making a little money on the insurance, but does it do anything else valuable?  Is it reliable?

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
Re: Auctiva Checkout
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 05:58:01 PM »
I used Auctiva briefly while making the rounds.   :-[

One advantage of their checkout is that you can use it to process credit card payments via a merchant account (with an authorize.net gateway).

When I used it, it couldn't handle combined payments, but I believe they upgraded and added that feature this summer. 

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:21:41 PM »
my authorize.net fees are about the same as paypal fees, but I still like being able to send the customer through my merchant acct rather than paypal. 

That being said, I havent used auctiva's checkout for awhile because of using FileExchange to list on ebay.

regarding combined payments through auctiva checkout - it was added not too long ago; was reading a post on auctiva forums a day or two ago that was posted by an auctiva customer and it said that combined checkout on auctiva is indeed working.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:52:11 PM »
Another post today stating the combined is working with a big thumbs up!

I can't say yes or no. DMHcollectibles (whose with Auctiva) if you remember her from SD uses it and swears by it.

Good Luck Andy,
Donna

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 05:55:08 PM »
I don't have a merchant account so I don't see that I'd have much use for the checkout when, as you say, eBay's works fine and buyers are used to it. Also, I've heard it said occasionally that some buyers will steer clear of third party checkouts for various reasons.

But every time I hear about Auctiva's checkout going wonky I'm glad I'm not using it.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure you can still purchase insurance through Auctiva even if you don't use the checkout.

daddyo

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 12:27:19 PM »
I left inkfrog because up to the time I left, they never had an inkfrog checkout that worked.

I have been with auctiva since then and the auctiva checkout has always worked and I must have come in when the combo thing was added. So I have had combo checkouts as well on my in auctiva invoices. I use exact shipping weight based modules and they auto combine these into one ship charge. I also use their insurance program as an option and as a non option. I looked over channelmax.net and this looks like it might be an even more viable free auction mgmt. service since it supports additional sites and offers the free store.

Why anyone is paying for auctions hosting now is beyond me, when there are basic to better than basic free services available.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf