Author Topic: Amazon announces holiday toy rules  (Read 6859 times)

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
Amazon announces holiday toy rules
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »
Just received this email:

With December 25th fast approaching, this e-mail no doubt finds you well into your preparations for holiday selling on Amazon.com. We know that you count on us to maintain customer confidence in our Toys & Games store, and we want to assure you that we are committed to ensuring all of our merchants in Toys & Games will provide high-quality customer experience and that all orders will be fulfilled and delivered in manner that meets or exceeds our customers' expectations.

As part of our strategy to maintain the continued confidence of buyers on Amazon.com this holiday, we will be implementing Holiday Selling Guidelines for the Toys & Games store. Effective September 19, 2007, we will not be accepting new merchants to sell within the Toys & Games category. Effective November 19, 2007, existing merchants who do not meet the following performance criteria will not be able to sell products in the Toys & Games category during the period beginning November 19, 2007 and ending January 7, 2008.

These are the Holiday Selling Guidelines for the Toys & Games category that will be effective November 19, 2007.

* Merchant must have been selling on Amazon.com for the 60 consecutive days preceding November 19, 2007.
* Merchant has processed and shipped at least 25 orders total during the lifetime of merchant's account (does not need to be in the Toy & Games category).
* No greater than 5% negative feedback rate for the last 90 days.
* Must have feedback received on at least 5 orders for the last 90 days.
* No greater than 0.5% merchant fault claim rate for the trailing 90 days. (See how to estimate this below.**)

While you can reasonably determine whether you are eligible to sell within the Toys & Games category from the guidelines above, we will provide final notification by the middle of November. Starting in September, we will send a weekly performance check-in for every merchant active in the Toys category. It will include a review of your negative feedback and claims rate. This will allow you to monitor your performance and take corrective action if necessary.

Starting November 19, 2007, ongoing monitoring will be in place to watch for merchants who have poor negative feedback ratings, guarantee claims rate, high cancel rates, late shipping, high refund rate and/or fail to comply with terms of Amazon.com's policies. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel listings, suspend merchants or prohibit the selling of specific products during the holiday season to maintain a seller platform that is safe for buyers.

Here are some steps you can take to ensure you remain eligible to sell in this category for the holiday season. Since these are general good business practices, you probably already observe most of them:

* Monitor your performance metrics and take corrective action if necessary.
* Check your orders frequently using the Manage Your Orders feature in Seller Central
* Don't show more stock for sale than you actually have available.
* Frequently update your product quantities regularly to reflect what you have on hand.
* Make sure your shipping lead times are accurate and take into account the time it takes for you to package and transfer the package to your transport service.
* Help customers track their shipments by providing a confirmation of shipment.
* Ensure your policies are up-to-date.

Keep in mind, these Holiday Selling Guidelines are only applicable to the Toys & Games category. Merchants can continue to list eligible non-toy or -game ASINs in other non-restricted categories. If you would like to learn more about restricted products, please visit our Product Guidelines page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161294
(Seller Central Help > Policies and Agreements > Product Guidelines)

For more tips check out our Season Selling Tips page:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help-folder.html/17291
(Seller Central Help > Learn More About... > Increasing Sales > Holiday Season Selling Tips)

We are interested in your opinions, and encourage you to submit feedback by sending an e-mail to:

holiday-toys-selling@amazon.com

We appreciate your continued support as we work to create the most rewarding shopping experience for our buyer and seller communities.

Thank you for selling at Amazon.com.

Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
Re: Amazon announces holiday toy rules
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:18:01 PM »
Just finished reading my email.  Don't know if I make it or not on the 25 items, but I'm good on all the rest so we'll see!

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:35:33 PM »
Okay I have a total of 47 Orders since Jan 2007 when I sold my first Cars toy.  I may not have gotten the 5 feedback in the last 90 days.  I only have 7 out of 47, no one ever leaves it.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:05:59 PM »
Chick told me she got something like 10 out of 1000.  I have gotten 18 out of about 200.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 10:25:30 PM »
My feedback rate for FBA sales is VERY low - less than a quarter of a percent.

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Violet Bee Boutique (handmade creations)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:22:21 PM »
interesting. I'd like to have that as an option this holiday season, but even if i listed some books and stuff to get up to 25 sales, I don't know how I'd get enough people to leave feedback. I'd really like to have at least one... I've considered trying a bribe to get some. Not sure what kind of incentive to offer, but shoot I can't be "new" forever. Altho that's better than having a numbskull leave me a less than good fb!

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 11:30:12 PM »
I have 3 in the last 90 days I need two more - who wants to buy a book :077

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Violet Bee Boutique (handmade creations)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 11:36:04 PM »
Is it just me, or does amazon not really push feedback? As I said, I really wish they didn't make that a criteria...

I was so excited when I got my first few orders...I thought yay, now I won't have that "new" thing next to my name and that will help me get more sales...but none yet.

At least I have some time. It looks like they'll review things on Nov. 19 and look at the 90 days prior.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf