Author Topic: amazon new product  (Read 8982 times)

kbalona

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
amazon new product
« on: July 12, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »
So I was thinking about trying to sell a few items on Amazon.com. I'd never looked into selling there before, but I checked into it. But the main item I wanted to list isn't on Amazon yet, and it says that only Premium sellers (or whatever) can create new item listings? So if I don't want to become a premium member, I just can't list it on Amazon?

Kyle

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
Re: amazon new product
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 06:58:41 PM »
Yep.   If you have a marketplace account, you must have a promerchant account ($20 a month for the first two months, $40 a month after that) to create a product page.

But, many of the non-media categories are restricted (i.e. jewelry, clothing, beauty), which means you can't sell in them unless you have a seller central account and are approved for that category. 

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »
But, many of the non-media categories are restricted (i.e. jewelry, clothing, beauty), which means you can't sell in them unless you have a seller central account and are approved for that category. 
AND as I found out you have to GUARANTEE so many items listed within 60 days.  And if they are not listed, you get threating emails that you will not be allowed to sell there, that they will cancel your account.  Although even though they tell you that they will cancel your account on such in such a day if xxxx amount of items are not listed - they don't seem to follow through with the threat and keep charging you. Yep, I found out the hard way - thinking my account was canceled only to see it continously being charged.  BUT I got to say, after several emails they did credit me back for the charges that continued.

I couldn't list there because it took over 20 minutes to list an item.  Even attempted to use their bulk lister.

AND
if the UPC number was already used and the seller had no description except for We Ship International - you were stuck with that as a description!

AND  if they item don't have a UPC you can't list it without getting special permission - which they won't give me and told me to BUY the UPC codes myself - which unless you are a manufacturer or disturbutor you can not buy them! Not to mention, they are not cheap! 

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 07:15:05 PM by BTPS »
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:17:44 PM »
You on the same Amazon the rest of us are?
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »
^ her rep was a pain in the butt for some reason.  Wouldnt give her UPC exemption, etc. etc.

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:03:15 PM »
You on the same Amazon the rest of us are?

YEP and you would be surprised how many clothing items don't have UPC's!

Look at this Amazon sellers items
http://www.amazon.com/b/103-5996469-3722230?ie=UTF8&me=AKO29ZEZHEGNU
OH, I'm sorry it's not the product descriptions --- it;'s the product features -- they must have corrected it since I was attempting to list there.
Product features on every item = Ship international.

Now, being I have the same Big & Tall guys items that wopuld appear in all my listings as well. 
Sorry but Ship International is NOT a feature of the product!

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf