Author Topic: Anybody try the new "Playground" version of Search?  (Read 7652 times)

castleb

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Castle Blood
Anybody try the new "Playground" version of Search?
« on: July 03, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »
http://playground.ebay.com/

I tried it, and was NOT impressed. 

It only returned about 25% of the results I got with regular search (22 items vs. 104 items). [I don't want "best match" results...I want ALL results, and then I'll decide what is a best match for me or not.)

There was no link to Stores or Completed items.

There was no way to re-order the results (ending soonest/newly listed) if you refined the search results to a single category.

There are certain "standard" searches I perform every day (and I search store items as well as regular listings), and I greatly fear this new version of search will only slow down the process and/or give me incomplete results.

Yet another way eBay is making it more difficult for buyers to find our items.

I've always been very impressed with the capabilities of the eBay search engine, so I'm really annoyed that they are actively trying to bollux it up.

--Karen

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
Re: Anybody try the new "Playground" version of Search?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »
Playground = the place where the children who program ebaY get to screw around instead of doing something useful.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »
Here's some more links in regards to the <blech> Playground.
http://www.auctionsellersmotivators.com/forum/index.php?topic=4185.0

Who comes up with these names?
<shaking head>

denverdoni

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Rainbow Creek Creations
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:35:28 PM »
I tried it, just another symptom of the malaise that has beset ebay I think, and it is not going to remedy what ails them.  I think it just plain goofy calling it the playground, as most online sellers and buyers have matured while ebay seems to want to regress.

I read a lot of the thread in the link that BF posted yesterday and there are so many astute observations about what is going on there at ebay.  I had been saying a couple of years ago that what ebay needed is to spin off a classic ebay site for small sellers and vintage goods etc. and continue to support the large sellers and stores to build their businesses. They chose to go the opposite direction and stab their sellers in the back and now they seem to be grasping at straws to bring back the magic of something they destroyed themself.  I didn't "find" a whole lot to get excited about in the playground.   And in my category the top listings I got had several sellers with less than 98% FB, but they aren't being suspended for being in the bottom 2% when some sellers with 99.4% in other categories have been. What's up with that?

castleb

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Castle Blood
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 12:32:14 AM »
At least it's still in the "Playground" stage and not being dumped on us at the moment.

But I dread the day that this shows up as the real Search.  :'(

eBay just keeps getting harder and harder to deal with. I don't know how anyone who isnt on it every day keeps up with all the changes.

--Karen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf