Author Topic: Auctiva  (Read 21919 times)

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
Re: Auctiva
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 01:13:16 AM »
IE fails to show images from a Microflaccid server when system resources get low.  On an Xtremely Poor machine, your system resources are low on boot if you have less than a half gig of RAM.

On a real browser, or images stored on a real computer like Linux, this is not a problem.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 01:20:39 AM »
I havent rebooted, nothin, between the not seeing and the seeing.    Since was originally uploaded to auctiva with FF and then reuploaded to auctiva with IE, I can't help but wonder if FF did something to the file during upload that altered it to where IE couldnt cope with it.

It shouldnt have, but that's the only thing I can think of as to why I couldnt see it the first time and can now.   :?

NEPATRIOTZ

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Lobby Shop
Re: Auctiva- Question
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 09:36:52 PM »
 :)Hi, I just signed up on Auctiva and it looks great. I'm just a bit confused. If I'm listing something on Ebay, do I log into Auctiva or Ebay? Thx

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 09:41:31 PM »
You sign into Auctiva.

It is a third party company that works with eBay.

got shirts?

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • got shirts? ~ ScreenPrinting ~ Embroidery ~ Logo'd Promotional Items
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »
Hi NEPAT... log in to Auctiva ... it will let you either
launch OR 'schedule' to list directly to eBay.

NEPATRIOTZ

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Lobby Shop
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 10:08:51 PM »
Thx, Looks like it will make life a lot easier :D!

chisumtrailmercantile

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 02:16:40 PM »
Yes it does save a lot, lot of time - I'm a Steelers Fan myself -  :D!

Kallista81

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • New Hampshire Knick Knacks
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »
I really like Auctiva, been using it about 4 months now. It was freezing alot but then I downloaded FF and started using it instead of IE and it has been working great.

I haven't done much with the store or blogs, I might investigate those soon.
Ebay UserID: Kallista81
Ebay Store: New Hampshire Knick Knacks

NEPATRIOTZ

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Lobby Shop
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 10:31:51 PM »
Hi Southern Jewel, I was reading your post on the Auctiva templates.

Auctiva has a command on each listing to grab html.

I'm not the brightest on this stuff, but I couldn't find what you were talking about. Is it in the Auctiva listing form or do I have to go to the Ebay listing?

My son told me to go to the Ebay listing and click on HTML, but it was like a whole page of codes.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 11:19:01 PM »
Go to the ebaY listing and view source.  type in "begin" and that's where the individual's stuff starts.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 12:19:33 PM »
Hi Southern Jewel, I was reading your post on the Auctiva templates.

Auctiva has a command on each listing to grab html.

I'm not the brightest on this stuff, but I couldn't find what you were talking about. Is it in the Auctiva listing form or do I have to go to the Ebay listing?
My son told me to go to the Ebay listing and click on HTML, but it was like a whole page of codes.
Glad I could talk you through how, when and where you can paste the html after you grab it.
All it takes is doing it once and you'll have it down pat as you've seen.

It's kinda like riding a bike, you do it successfully once and you're Good To Go.

By the way, your ads look great!

chisumtrailmercantile

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »
I have always wondered what the name of the Jeanett pattern was called - and now I know - your site is well done - :vibes - Dawn

NEPATRIOTZ

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Lobby Shop
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »
 :) Thanks SJ. Now I've got the hang on it. Using it on Blujay. Ecrater doesn't let you use it, and so far haven't been able to get it into Plunder or Bidzig. I did find a couple of templates that would not work in Blujay, but just used a different one. Thx for all your help... :077

denverdoni

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Rainbow Creek Creations
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 02:22:45 AM »
Well I have seen a lot of peeps on the ebay boards slamming auctiva about the store windows and slow upload times, but for my money it has worked great. Free!  is nice and most people do have fast enough internet service now that they don't notice.  There are some quirky times when the pics won't load.  But I honestly believe that my store window has increased my sales. The templates are nice too. I don't think the selection is that great, but fast, easy and free is OK with me.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
I like auctiva's store window, cross-promotion tool.  Like all things online, your pics need to be web-optimized in order to speed up the load time.  I honestly think that's where the biggest problem occurs, just like all those ebay listings w/o store window that load slowly.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 09:43:59 AM by wayoutwest »

sharkypete

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • International Know It All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 08:00:46 PM »

Is auctiva only workable with ebay?

No it's not. I have used auctiva with naughty bids, ebanned, bidville, and a couple of other sites you just have to create the listing on auctiva and then get the code and paste it to what ever site you are listing on. :nana :nana :nana
I Am The Man From Nantucket.

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 11:46:35 AM »
Well I have seen a lot of peeps on the ebay boards slamming auctiva about the store windows and slow upload times, but for my money it has worked great.

Yeah, Auctiva Jeff (at least I assume it's him) has his work cut out for him over there.

bobby131313

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 04:13:50 PM »
While I'm sure Auctiva is great for some, I refuse to use them. I'll tell you why in 2 parts. Fact and Opinion.

Fact

As of about a year ago, when you go through the registration process one of the pages asks you to generate an eBay token which enables them to do things on eBay on your behalf. There is a page for Auctiva members to set their preferences, this allows them do things you specify using the token you generate.

However, unless you read about it somewhere like here beforehand, you know nothing about these preferences. Now, without your knowledge, Auctiva has already authorized themselves to do some things on your preferences page. The second you generate the token, they start putting the "Auctiva Showcase" at the top of all your active listing. They don't tell you at all. You just go to one of your listings, and it there, at the top, before any of your description.

It's possible this has changed since but I doubt it. I was told flat out on their forum by their staff that it would not change and when current members came forward to agree with me that it was wrong, posts began to be edited or dissappeared, then the topic was locked.

My Opinions

I believe this to be a very sneaky tactic and for this reason alone, I will not deal with this company at all. I have even pulled all of my Sellathon Affiliate links, even though I was making good money from them, since they are now owned by Auctiva.

In addition to adding it to your listings without your permission, they put it at the very top which in my opinion is the worst place for it for you, but of course the best place for them. Cross-promotion should be after your description, not before.

If I'm selling Fords and someone comes in the front door and makes a bee line for the blue Mustang, I'm not going to grab their arm and drag them to the red F-250 before they get to it. If their done looking at the Mustang, then I'll try to sell them the truck.

Cross promotion belongs after what they came in the door to see.

Summary

If you're going to sign up, do not generate a token during the registration process. Check the preferences page first after registration, then go back and generate a token when you're ready.

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Starry Night Web Design
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 05:41:52 PM »
Yeah, Bobby, when I signed up for Auctiva and discovered that, it really  :053 me off, too.
www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

TazFromPa

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • TazfromPa Good Stuff, Great Prices
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »
Hi guys it is very easy to modify where your scrolling gallery goes! I do not like it at the top of my listings either. In order to change the settings you go into your Auctiva store and set it to whatever way you like. use this link to go there (you will have to be logged into Auctiva).http://www.auctiva.com/stores/editstorewindow.aspx Hope this may help you change your mind about using Auctiva, bobby131313 :077

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf