Author Topic: Let's Get Moving! (Exercise & Weight Loss Support Here!)  (Read 110442 times)

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
Re: Let's Get Moving! (Exercise & Weight Loss Support Here!)
« Reply #500 on: July 07, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »
Another off topic thread ::)

I've lost 8 pounds this last round.

My mom was taking videos of us having a water gun fight yesterday and OMG I about cried when I saw myself from all those different angels and running around the yard.  How the heck did I get like this :'(

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Starry Night Web Design
« Reply #501 on: July 07, 2008, 12:22:21 PM »
Just think how you would have felt seeing that 8lbs on top of that! You are doing great! You have to do the "glass half full" thing and see the 8lbs as an achievement and not as only 8 lbs.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!! You can do it, Danielle!!
www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
« Reply #502 on: July 07, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »
I know Jeri - I'm just so used to looking at myself in the mirror from the front before going out of the house so it was kinda shocking to see how some of the other parts I don't usually see :o

Plus I still having eczema outbreaks and the latest has the back of my legs covered which of course I can't see very well but it looks disgusting.

The 8 pounds wasn't lost because I was trying because honestly I wasn't.  I hardly ever eat dinner anymore - I know that's not right and I shouldn't skip dinner.  But by the time I'm done cooking what the family eats (meat) I loose my appetite and can't eat.  I'm not even sitting at the dinner table anymore.

I have to get up and move and I don't know why I find that so hard these days.  Its one big depressing circle :-(

eotrg2

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 07, 2008, 12:34:52 PM »
OK wahm
:pray ing and :cat  aren't going to get it.

We need  :ztaz :ztaz :move :move :tramp :tramp :lift :ban :pink :1 :2  :hd063 :hd063 :hd063 :quack

if you are going to enjoy the tale of the  :weigh

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:44:28 PM by eotrg2 »

sharkypete

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • International Know It All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 07, 2008, 06:36:17 PM »
I know Jeri - I'm just so used to looking at myself in the mirror from the front before going out of the house so it was kinda shocking to see how some of the other parts I don't usually see :o

Plus I still having eczema outbreaks and the latest has the back of my legs covered which of course I can't see very well but it looks disgusting.

The 8 pounds wasn't lost because I was trying because honestly I wasn't.  I hardly ever eat dinner anymore - I know that's not right and I shouldn't skip dinner.  But by the time I'm done cooking what the family eats (meat) I loose my appetite and can't eat.  I'm not even sitting at the dinner table anymore.

I have to get up and move and I don't know why I find that so hard these days.  Its one big depressing circle :-(

OK you have to exercise and eat if you expect to lose weight. If you eat right and exercise your body will burn more calories than you eat. If you skip meals or just don't eat and exercise your body won't be able to burn because digestion is needed to burn calories. So instead you will just feel sluggish (i think). It works for me, i  eat 6 small meals a day and work out 4 days a week and the weight is falling off. Ever wonder why on the biggest loser those guys lose so much weight so fast. it's because they work out so hard right, but muscle weighs more than fat so you gian weight when you gain muscle. However your body burns more calories when you have more muscle so the muscle helps burn more fat. So you have to

1. STOP STARVING YOURSELF
2. find a routine you can do while the kids are outside maybe get some dumbells and get a cardio dvd or something, maybe take up running. Not it's not too late just start slow, I am only a couple of months younger than you so stop it
4. EAT. plain and simple. 6 small meals none of this spinach pesto bullwombat poo poo either. Otherwise you mind as well be farting in the wind, what's the point.
(I don't know what happened to 3)

I am sure I don't have this all spelled out perfectly and maybe some of my info is screwy but this seems to work best. I work out hard but if I don't eat I won't lose as much weight as I do when my body is working. the point is to keep the body working and burning after the work out and even after the calories you just ate are spent. You're forceing the body to burn fat to replenish it's energy. Got it?

Please feel free to help me out here if I have something mixed up or not correct. I want to help and not hurt things.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:44:57 PM by sharkypete »
I Am The Man From Nantucket.

DebzCreations

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Reality is overrated.
    • View Profile
    • Convertible Fingerless Gloves w/Thumb Flaps
« Reply #505 on: July 10, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »
Ok WAHM....  If you think you look bad,  you should see me!! :nana

The new doc has checked everything she could think of checking. The bottom line is....  I have to lose weight!!

Pre diabetes,  high blood pressure, osteoporosis, aortic regurgitation, on top of what I've had for years.

I think I'm now eating more than I was before....  it's just not junk food.  You have to eat or your metabolism goes into starvation mode and starts burning less calories.  Weight doesn't come off then.   

I've lost around 20lbs so far. How's that for an old lady?? :h0035

You can do it kiddo....  Or we can do it together.  I have lots more fat to lose!!

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #506 on: July 10, 2008, 12:59:47 PM »

I've lost around 20lbs so far.  How's that for an old lady??
Not bad.  What did you do the other six days of the week?
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

DebzCreations

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Reality is overrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 10, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »
LOL....  I didn't lose it the way you lost yours Fredd.   :smarty

I've been losing about 2 lbs a week,  although,  I lost 5 lbs this last week.

I have to admit I'm not actually exercising.  I'm just trying to up my activity level.  I have the garage partially cleared out and have been sorting and moving around totes of yarn.  Hopefully there'll be room to put them out in the garage soon so I can walk in my bedroom again.

I've even done a bit of cleaning!!! :h0035

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 10, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »
I'm betting I lost five pounds today.  And picked up a start on a tan.

DebzCreations

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Reality is overrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 10, 2008, 06:21:06 PM »
Don't worry,  Fredd.  You'll find 'em again.   :laugh:

Sade

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Fancy Flappers Unique Costumes
« Reply #510 on: July 10, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »
I've lost 25lbs by eating 300 calories every 3 hours and running 4-5 times a week.  :up
Flapper Dresses, Unique Flapper Costumes, 1920's Dress, Roaring 20's Fashion, accessories included.
http://fancyflappers.com/

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 10, 2008, 07:26:53 PM »
kewl

DebzCreations

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Reality is overrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 10, 2008, 08:25:05 PM »
That's great Sade!!   :D!

Sade

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 10, 2008, 10:39:09 PM »
Thanks ya'll, but I still have about another 25 to go. I actually lost most of the weight before I started running, then lost all the inches after I started running but hit a plateau and the lbs are coming off real slow right now. I am down 3, almost 4 sizes depending on the clothing, and have actually been to the pool in my swimmy suity.  :up.

So now I'm switching it up a little with a no carbs for one week, then low carb the next week, and then rotating on/off days. It's supposed to jack up your metabolism and get you over those blasted plateaus.

A good site for gauging your progress, and excercising and with a great forum, is at Calorie Count Plus http://caloriecount.about.com/ It really keeps you motivated because you can chart your progress all day long and see what you're eating and burning. I like it.  :up
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:42:10 PM by Sade »
Flapper Dresses, Unique Flapper Costumes, 1920's Dress, Roaring 20's Fashion, accessories included.

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Violet Bee Boutique (handmade creations)
« Reply #514 on: July 11, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »
Danielle, you have to feed yourself! Sometimes I get busy and don't eat as much as I should, and I feel awful. I'm cranky, sluggish, etc. You need to eat for your overall wellbeing, and also to make sure your metabolism doesn't slow down.

Cook things for your family that you can eat too, or cook the meat on the side so you can easily make meatless and meaty meals. My rule is I'm going to cook it, I want to be able to eat it. If DH wants meat, he can cook it himself and he does now and then. You're not a restaurant and iff Chris doesn't like what you cook, he can make something for himself.

I'm basically at the weight I was before I got pregnant, but there is a lot of flab and I'm not as toned as I should be. I feel bigger too. I've been proactive about contacting other moms about walking for exercise and socialization and hope to start up regular walks soon. In the meantime, Alexandra and I take a lot of short walks together.

I'd love for my child to grow up with healthy lifestyle habits like exercise and good eating as second nature, not something she has to go out of her way to do. That drives me when I feel like sitting around...I force myself to get up and do active things with her for both of our well-being.

sharkypete

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • International Know It All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 11, 2008, 02:08:32 PM »
I've lost a total of 70 pounds from last summer. Scale said 250 on the nosie this morning. I was so p'ssed I couldn't get off that 250 mark.  ???
I Am The Man From Nantucket.

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
« Reply #516 on: July 11, 2008, 02:39:57 PM »
I'm not starving - I'm eating plenty, just not at dinner time.  I know what I should be doing and of course its all easier said then done.  I'm under a great deal of stress right now, probably more then I've ever felt I was dealing with at any other point in my life.  Life changing decisions to be made that not only affect me.

Telling Chris to cook what he wants isn't an option I have kids who also eat meat - just because I don't want to eat something doesn't mean I should stop feeding my family.

I'm just not hungry after cooking dinner.

none of this spinach pesto bullwombat poo poo either

If you are referring to what I call my "green drinks" I think calling them shit is a little unnecessary.  They are extremely healthy and loaded with vitamins.  You drink smoothies don't you?  My green drinks are way better for you then a fruit smoothie.

I wasn't even going to reply because I thought this thread was for support and I don't feel like I should have to come in and defend myself. :-(

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
« Reply #517 on: July 11, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »
I've lost 25lbs by eating 300 calories every 3 hours and running 4-5 times a week.  :up

That's great :D!

Sade

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 11, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »
Alexandra and I take a lot of short walks together.

Trust me when I say that short walks do nothing for losing weight. I had been walking at least 1 mile, sometimes 2, almost every morning for a year. Didn't lose squat. Started running and the inches are coming off fast and I'm toning up.

BTW; I think it was about 500 degrees out here this morning.  :(

I couldn't get off that 250 mark.

That's why I am doing the no carbs for one week. Lost 2 lbs yesterday and am off my plateau weight.  :up I think our bodies adjust to whatever diet we are doing and we have to shock our systems to get the metabolism kicked in again.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 11, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
I'm basically at the weight I was before I got pregnant, but there is a lot of flab and I'm not as toned as I should be. I feel bigger too. I've been proactive about contacting other moms about walking for exercise and socialization and hope to start up regular walks soon. In the meantime, Alexandra and I take a lot of short walks together.
My invitation remains, and it would help you lose weight.

Walk on over to my place, and I'll take you over to the restaurant and buy you a big old slab of sugar pie with whippy cream.

Same goes for any of you other broads.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf