Author Topic: You think you're sick now!  (Read 1864 times)

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
You think you're sick now!
« on: June 27, 2007, 10:01:08 PM »
Just bought a bunch of blotters advertising various medicines from the 50s.  Talk about the cures being worse than the disease:

Thist Tablets, "During convalescence from Influenza and other dehabilitating conditions".  Strychnine sulfate and ferric pyrophosphate.

Asminyl, "Quick relief of asthmatic paroxysms".  Phenobarbital Sodium "Warning may be habit forming", theophylline alkaloid.

Hista-Derfule, "Quick relief for Flu, common colds".  Powder of Ipecac and Opium "Warning may be habit forming", thenylpyramine hydrochloride, Camphor Monobromated, Atropine Sulfate.

Xanthinux, "Spinal and cerebral stimulant for the Tired Old Man, help your aging patients overcome fatigue and depression.  They stimulate the brain and spinal cord, increasing physical and sexual power".  Nux vomica extract (strychnine) and caffeine-theophylline.  Indications include asthenia, anhedonia, loss of energy, fatigability and functional impotence.

It's a wonder everyone didn't die.

Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

chezleo

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: You think you're sick now!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:03:45 PM »

dead people walking.

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Starry Night Web Design
Re: You think you're sick now!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:11:31 PM »
 :-X Thank GOD I live in the times that I do! I couldn't imagine how the quacks back then would have treated MS! of course, 30 years from now when there's a vaccine I'll be SOL.
www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf