Author Topic: Fedex Express Dumps Amazon as Customer  (Read 53 times)

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Fedex Express Dumps Amazon as Customer
« on: June 12, 2019, 10:00:23 PM »
From Barron's:

FedEx decided to dump Amazon.com as a customer on Friday, saying it would focus instead on doing business with other online retailers. The move underscores the extent to which Amazon has become a serious competitor to existing logistics providers. But it also shows that FedEx believes it doesn’t need Amazon’s high-volume business to thrive.

“FedEx has made the strategic decision to not renew the FedEx Express U.S. domestic contract with [Amazon] as we focus on serving the broader e-commerce market,” FedEx said in a statement. Amazon accounts for 1.3% of FedEx sales, according to FedEx.

read entire article at: https://www.barrons.com/articles/fedex-dumps-amazon-51559941071

Of course, Amazon would probably have ended up dumping Fedex, since they're building out their own delivery network.  I suspect Fedex felt it would look better to investors if Fedex did the dumping, but I could be wrong.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Fedex Express Dumps Amazon as Customer
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:15:51 PM »
Fed Ex doesn't guarantee much of anything anymore for deliveries so it is no big loss, imho. With Amazon going to 1-day delivery, maybe this is the straw that broke the camel's back?

Fed Ex sucks anyway, at least around here. Throw packages into the yard, put them right in front of the door so it can't be opened from the inside, put them on the bottom step that is exposed to the rain/snow when my porch itself is covered. Lazy worthless  :053

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf