Author Topic: Postage Increase - This ain't Pretty  (Read 365 times)

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Postage Increase - This ain't Pretty
« on: January 28, 2019, 11:41:47 AM »
So I had an order on the bay that I had to ship from here (Ohio) to California. Holy crap, Batman! Had to pay an extra 58 cents to ship the cheap package. What used to cost $3.05 is now costing $3.63.

I am taking bets on how many sellers will just ship everything media mail and take their chances. Especially when a seller can purchase shipping through Amazon and eBay.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
Re: Postage Increase - This ain't Pretty
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 11:10:27 AM »
You were using the partner'd shipping with eBay, correct?
They have a partnership with USPS as Amazon does.
Not sure if you've seen this posting on the forum but there's a http://ecommercesellersmotivators.com/index.php?topic=4255.0 to Link to Print Labels using Paypal (where you still receive a business rate discount for buying USPS postage).
I use this all the time when I've sold an item not from Amazon or eBay.
Works well.
Or you could use the sign in for USPS business account to buy postage BUT the site doesn't offer first class only priority. <-----hardly ever use

I had 2 orders from an eBay seller this past December.
Seller placed stamps on the envelopes to ship.
I don't know if the recipients received their item or not.
Nope.
Nada.
I'm not forgiving about that, I want my delivery confirmation/tracking.
Tried to explain to the buyer that it is a protection for them more so than the buyer.
If I wanted to (and I'm not. I believe in Karma) I could file against seller and would win because they do not have a delivery confirmation for the shipping of their product.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Postage Increase - This ain't Pretty
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »
Sorry for the late response. Our tax office has been crazy with tons of people the past few weeks. For the two-week period ending last Friday, I've put in around 140 hours between doing taxes, teaching and e-commerce. I've been sleep deprived since this is my busy time of year with everything going on. Finally got a day off from everything last Friday. And I still did not get much sleep. Is April 16th here yet?  :laugh

I use Stamps.com for all of my shipping needs. With my new thermal printer, I am just cranking out the shipping labels like lightning. Too bad sales have slowed to a crawl.

I am in complete agreement with you on the tracking subject. I want to know where my stuff is and when it will be/is delivered. Nothing drives me crazy like someone shipping something to me with no tracking. Just imagine how much free stuff we could get if we didn't have scruples and claimed we never received it.

Thanks for the link to the PayPal shipping for items not on Amazon/eBay. It might come in handy some day.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf