Author Topic: Is Amazon One Vendor the end of 3 Party Sellers? Hmmmmm  (Read 82 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Is Amazon One Vendor the end of 3 Party Sellers? Hmmmmm
« on: January 16, 2019, 05:53:31 PM »
Amazon Vendor Discussion - Reddit

From Reddit:
Some of you may have seen these two news articles dating from December:

https://www.recode.net/2018/11/29/18023132/amazon-brand-policy-changes-marketplace-control-one-vendor

https://digiday.com/retail/amazon-sellers-third-party-marketplace-changes/

Can anyone find more information on the "One Vendor" program that's being referenced? Consolidating Seller Central and Vendor Central sounds like it could potentially be a company-killing disaster for anyone that resells branded products, like etailz, bigfly, et cetera.

I'm curious to see what the broader community thinks about these changes; I know there are some individuals in here involved with fairly large companies that run on similar business models, and I want to know what they think of this sort of discussion. Thoughts, anyone?

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Is Amazon One Vendor the end of 3 Party Sellers? Hmmmmm
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:24:59 AM »

Can anyone find more information on the "One Vendor" program that's being referenced? Consolidating Seller Central and Vendor Central sounds like it could potentially be a company-killing disaster for anyone that resells branded products, like etailz, bigfly, et cetera.

So, if Amazon is going to be the only one selling big brands, then what is the rest of the marketplace going to look like? Only book sellers and nothing more?

I think Amazon is really getting too greedy now. You can sense they realized it when they changed the whole LTSF structure to something similar before they raised the fees to begin with.

I've built up my eBay store so that it can handle the Christmas volume for a fair number of products. I tinkered with volume discounts and other promotions to drive sales and it turned out to work great. As far as Christmas inventory for Amazon (next year), I am kinda backing away from products that I can't get rid of elsewhere. If Amazon decides to screw me, I don't want to have to fold. So for this year, I am going to be leaner in my inventory amounts and much more selective of the product mix.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: Is Amazon One Vendor the end of 3 Party Sellers? Hmmmmm
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:32:45 AM »
Lovin' eBay all over again.
Made $$$ during the Christmas season, Alot more than expected.
And considering opening a store on eBay instead of selling each individual item for a fee. (which is still lower than Amazon)
I love the vacation mode of an eBay store.
eBay vacation help

I do love the vacation mode of Amazon, too.
I continue to make money on Amazon on vacation if my items are in FBA.

I have continued to research this subject and coming up with alot of info that I just don't understand.

Yep, LTSF was a <perk> moment for me.
And the new sellers?
Killin' me. Just killin me on Amazon.

You're smart.
Don't keep all your eggs in one basket.
Always consider more than one venue and if leaner works and you're still making money.... then better in losing out by having bigger expectations.
12 years ago, you wouldn't have heard a peep from me about not having higher expectations, I was 100% positive in my future with Amazon sales...
Not so much anymore.
I've never seen changes coming about as quickly as they do with Amazon now.
Rollin' em out faster and faster.

Me = Old Dawg
I don't do well with fast changes.
<smile>

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf