Author Topic: Tax collection for orders shipped to Minnesota State - Effective October 1, 2018  (Read 82 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
Tax collection for orders shipped to Minnesota State - Effective October 1, 2018

Based on changes to Minnesota State tax law, Amazon will begin calculating, collecting, and remitting sales tax for all orders shipped to customers in Minnesota on October 1, 2018.

Your existing tax calculation settings, order details, and payments reporting will update automatically to reflect this change. No action to your tax settings or seller account is required.

Answers to common questions are available in the Marketplace Tax Collection FAQ. Consider working with your tax advisor to determine any ongoing tax remittance and reporting obligations your business might have.

For more information from Minnesota, see Update for Marketplace Providers.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
One less state I have to worry about.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
I was just reading about this on Minnesota's tax dept website.  They do have a small seller exception. The tax collection requirement doesn't kick in until you ship 100 orders to Minnesota OR you have 10 or more sales that total $100,000 in more that are shipped to Minnesota.

MN tax dept link

If Amazon is doing it for us, okay, fine. As for personal sites and such, though, most mom & pop online sellers don't have to worry (yet).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf