Author Topic: Change in Feedback Presentation  (Read 348 times)

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Change in Feedback Presentation
« on: May 25, 2018, 01:05:30 PM »
Amazon began rolling out a new format this past week in how feedback is presented to buyers. After noticing a change (without any warning by Amazon, of course), I opened a case with seller support. Here is the email I received back:

I went through your email and understand that your lifetime feedback rating is not showing on the offer listings page.

Please allow me a chance to explain this to you.

I've researched and found the reason of this. This occurs when a seller has more than 10 ratings in the past 12 month period.

Consider the example, the information for one seller displays Seller Rating:99% positive over the past 12 months. (395 total ratings), While another reads Seller Rating:94% positive 'lifetime' (141 total ratings). This occurs because the second seller in the example above has less than 10 ratings in the past 12 month period.

As soon as a seller receives 10 ratings for the year period, the feedback rating display will change to "over the past 12 months." Likewise, as ratings age and fall out of the 12 month period, the display will change from showing "12-month" statistics to showing "lifetime" statistics when the number of ratings for the seller over the past 12 month period falls below 10.

In your case as you've received more than 10 ratings (100%over the past 12 months. (274 total ratings) ), your rating display is "over the past 12 months." Please do not worry as it displays that your selling account has pretty much good rating than others.

I request you to understand that this is totally system generated and we as Seller Support Team doesn't have access to change it. I've taken this as a feedback and conveyed this to our business team since I understand this is important to you. Once this feature of showing up lifetime reviews of all sellers, is launched you would be notified on your registered email address "xxx@xxx.com".

Also, I'm able to see your lifetime rating on your feedback manager which is 100%, I'm glad to see that:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/seller-rating/pages/feedback-manager.html/

Your understanding and co-operation on this issue is appreciated.

If you still have any further queries you can write back to us by clicking the "Contact Us" form.

As a Support Representative your satisfaction is my top priority, and your feedback a very valuable asset.

Hope you have a great day and please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you need help in the future.

Happy Selling!

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Change in Feedback Presentation
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »
I just noticed earlier today that total feedback is now displaying as it was before. It now shows your 12 month percentage and total amount of feedback, not just the number of feedback in the last year.

Thank goodness. It sucked looking like a newbie.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 11:29:50 AM »
I fought this when it happened.
The DAY that it happened.
Forums hadn't even noticed and I was livid.

I received a note that my ticket was answered and that feedback was back to normal.

Wonder what Amazon was testing out....Hmmmmm?

I detest their feedback system, it sucks

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »
I detest their feedback system, it sucks

Still better than what it was showing the last few weeks though. ANYTHING was better than THAT!

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »
Oh. My. Freeeeakin. Gawd!
That is awful.
Whatever engineer thought that was an intelligent move needs to lose their job.
The percentage is crazy as no one leaves feedback.
Just go to the physical number...
It's just that darn simple.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:19:51 AM »
Ok.
They reversed out the feedback presentation.

HOWEVER....
Now the feedback presentation does not show when Amazon is at fault.
The view of the feedback only shows the feedback, doesn't show any responses from seller if Amazon has refused to remove feedback. ( i.e. this order was fulfilled by Amazon where it was stored, packaged and shipped).

So we sellers create a 'stink' over the original feedback presentation and this is the solution.
Or was this the solution all along and we were #DistractAndDivert

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf