Author Topic: WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER!  (Read 5143 times)

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER!
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:53:16 PM »
OK I'm a customer of Amazon on this "deal".  I place an order for 1000 4x4 2 mil zip lock bags and they arrive.  In DELTONA.  I don't live in Deltona.  So I call, they say the address is correct for delivery.  I say look at the tracking, it delivered to DELTONA.  It's like pulling teeth to get them to understand and place a credit on my account/refund that order.  A second item on that same order is for 400 10x13 zip lock bags.  They arrive today.  TWO days late.  The box is beat to death and there's only TWO bags of baggies in the box, so instead of 400 there are 200.  They want me to return the 200.  I ask WHY?  They're #1 LATE, missed your guaranteed delivery date by two days, arrived damaged and with product missing.  That's our policy.  REALLY????  Wasn't when I was selling so what happened?  If it's a "guaranteed" delivery date, what's the "guarantee".  That it will be delivered?  At all?  Intact?  With the full order?  That's our policy.  Here we go....REALLY??  When did that start?  Let me look at my policies I'll put you on hold for a few brief minutes.

He comes back.  That's our policy.  Me again, REALLY?  Oh after about 35 minutes of that I ask for a supervisor.  I get a supervisor.  She wants me to return the box with the two bags of 100 baggies and place the order again.  Me:  REALLY?  Here we go....I'm still on hold.  For you guys selling still on Amazon...LOTS of luck through the holidays because I'm just about DONE with Amazon.  This is ridiculous.  What's it going to be like when it really gets busy?    This is my third order recently with Amazon and I've not gotten one, not one, that was correct, on time or not beaten to death.

Warehouse?  SC

:'(

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Re: WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 09:27:32 PM »
for late delivery, you can get a free month of prime, fwiw.  Sorry to hear that they've got you pulling your hair out :-(

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 09:58:33 PM »
It's normal to have to return the item you got that's wrong and reorder what you should have gotten
Amazon has millions of different sellers, as you know, and it can't be an
Easy task attempting to keep everyone's inventory separate

You should ask them for the sellers contact info and then maybe you can get it straight direct with the seller.   As a seller I often get calls from buyers even when amazon does the filling of the order

Might be less frustration for you
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
It was the correct item, just delivered two days late on a prime order, and only half the items in the box because the box was torn to heck, entire bottom was out, the top had been cut through the paper packing tape and retaped with clear tape.  They tell me not their policy to offer a month free prime and the order that had the correct addy was delivered on Sunday to a town I don't live in     :-(

Customer service was a NIGHTMARE.  Not sure I'll be doing my shopping on Amazon this year, which really screws up my shopping plans     :'(

DudeJewelry

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 12:01:02 AM »
Could be worse, they might make you return the DELTONA package too ;)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 08:48:11 AM »
Goodness, as if your experience (and your sisters experience as a seller) with Amazon last winter wasn't enough.
Definitely push for the free expansion of your Prime.
Dayum woman...this is just cuhhhrazy.
Document, Document, Document...take pics of the beat up boxes.
I know you know all of this...just hoping that this goes your way.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »
I did their package/delivery feedback thing and included photos.  The supervisor I FINALLY got to, three links up on the chain, won't give the extra month on prime, but told me not to return the two of the four units I should've received, issued a refund for the Deltona package, clearly she said that wasn't my fault, nor was the damage to the box, it was sent FedEx.  The missed delivery deadline she apologized for and issued a credit for the two units I didn't receive.  Close enough I thought and I was over it by then.  It's just maddening to me that you have to spend an hour on the phone with customer service, have them look at photos and your explanation in the packaging feedback before they're willing to concede the errors were on their part.

The box was entirely too large for the items packaged, it was top loaded, which crushed the box, no big deal, nothing breakable inside, but with the sides and bottom blown out, the air pillows having no air left and two units are "missing" where they slid out the bottom of the box, maybe rethink the packaging strategy.  Like use a box which more closely "snugs" the merchandise so that it's not empty air and top loading the box doesn't destroy it?  The cut with the utility knife they say was probably at the warehouse where the invoice wasn't included in the box and was added later.  Great I said, there was no invoice in the box   LOL

OK, I'll try again.  I've placed, when going back and looking, 6 orders with Amazon the past couple months.  Problems with ALL of them, except the two that included Isana's treats for her classes.  Which is a grand thing because without those treats in class she's not real inclined to do what's asked of her  LOL

On an aside...Isana certified Wednesday night with her basic obedience out of the way, earned her S.T.A.R Puppy certification, an additional medal from AKC for her "heel", and she set a 30 year record for her sit/stay because I walked completely away from her, dropped her lead, stood 18' out from  her and while the instructor talked about her setting a puppy record for sit/stay someone in the crowd mentioned that she needed to be released because she was STILL in her sit/stay while it was being discussed!  LOL     Next on her training agenda?  CGC, which she'll obtain in less than 8 months.  NONE of my breeders pups in 30 years have received their CGC Title in under 8 months.         :D!

Oh and I ordered MORE Zukes minis last night    :whip

She is now a 57 pound 6 month old PUPPY.  Doesn't look like a puppy, but believe me, she's very much still a PUPPY  LOL   She still has the puppy brain, that's for sure 

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:15:07 AM by toobusyforswapmeets »

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 09:22:24 AM »
Such a sweet face on your "puppy."
I can't believe how far she's come in such a short amount of time.
Intelligence level must be sky high.
Even more impressive to me as I own a bassett hound whose stubborn level is at the top of the charts.
I know he thinks to himself...I could do that if I wanted, I just don't want to.
<smile>
I miss the puppy stage at times but then look at my good ole Barney who basically lays around with his sole purpose to be near me...
And I say...I like this stage, too.
We're worried for the coming year...his arthritis is getting so much worse and it appears that early dementia might be kicking in, too.
<sigh>

I. Cannot. Believe. Amazon didn't extend your prime.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »
It gets BETTER.  Today I get emails telling me that delivery was attempted on the 6th but they couldn't leave the package.  REALLY?  I got it and it was beat to death and I filled out your forms and spoke with customer service on the 6th about the delivery, filled out your packaging feedback form and included photos.

On the second half of the order they say it was delivered.  Yeah.  To DELTONA.  I don't live in DELTONA.  So someone is enjoying my package, it just isn't me and I got these emails this morning!

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on November 06, 2014 (Order# 107-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx).
USPS attempted to deliver your package but was unable to leave the package unattended. In order to make arrangements for redelivery or pickup at your local Post Office, please visit https://redelivery.usps.com/ and use the package tracking number 9361289877845104241898.

If the package was attempted to be delivered to a business location that was closed during the time of the delivery attempt, USPS will automatically attempt to redeliver the package on the next business day.
If your package was to be shipped to a PO Box address, it was likely too large to leave in your particular post office box.

For more information about picking up this package, please visit http://www.usps.com and click "Locate a Post Office" to find contact information for your local post office or call 1-800-ASK-USPS.

The items listed below are included in this package:

"10" x 13", 2 Mil Clear Zip Lock Bags, Pack of 100"
  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZZUJZS

Tracking they provided is:

November 8, 2014 , 2:34 pm

Forwarded

ORANGE CITY, FL

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 2:34 pm on November 8, 2014 in ORANGE CITY, FL. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

November 8, 2014 , 10:37 am

Notice Left (No Secure Location Available)

ORANGE CITY, FL 32763

November 8, 2014 , 8:50 am

Forwarded

ORANGE CITY, FL

November 8, 2014 , 8:22 am

Out for Delivery

ORANGE CITY, FL 32763

November 8, 2014 , 8:12 am

Sorting Complete

ORANGE CITY, FL 32763

November 8, 2014 , 6:33 am

Arrived at Post Office

ORANGE CITY, FL 32763

November 7, 2014 , 11:29 pm

Departed Shipping Partner Facility

DAVENPORT, FL 33897

November 7, 2014 , 12:50 am

Departed Shipping Partner Facility

WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29172

Not sure HOW they thought those slick bags of resealable bags would stay in that box once it was blown open like it was, but that's the order I received that they now say I didn't receive??  At 10:37 yesterday morning I WAS home, UPS delivered my dog snacks I reordered from Amazon, so why they say no one was available and there was no "secure" place to leave the package is beyond me.

Tracking on the second part of that order shows it was delivered to Deltona, even though my shipping address clearly shows an OC address.  Go figure.  I'm a little amazed with the paper trail I've left on this order, the refunds that were processed and labels to return the half order printed and shipped, and the new order placed (which btw they've already missed the guaranteed delivery date AGAIN on the replacement order), they can't figure out the status on the order?

springintoscooters

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • The United States Postal Service's Official Mascot
    • View Profile
    • Spring Into Scooters
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »
<----- Slow ride. Take it easy.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 06:47:47 PM »
LOL   Yeppers that's about how I'm feeling right now     :-X

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 08:06:27 PM »
Amazon is really going downhill and unfortunately the more sellers that jump on the AZ bandwagon the worse it is going to get. As someone who needs to shop from home due to health reasons I can say I no longer buy anything, even prime items unless they are sold by AZ, now avoiding 3rd party at all costs.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 08:16:41 PM »
You've had some not so pleasant shopping experiences lately with amazon also?  I could understand one or two in a dozen orders, but Amazon is batting some pretty high averages on failures lately with me and I can't believe it's with just me.  I know if I were still selling on Amazon, I'd be pretty nervous just from my own personal experience.  I mean you can't make this stuff up

springintoscooters

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • The United States Postal Service's Official Mascot
    • View Profile
    • Spring Into Scooters
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 04:03:39 AM »
The danger of putting all your eggs in one basket. As soon as that basket gets full, trouble begins.
<----- Slow ride. Take it easy.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
I can't believe that your packages arrived in that condition.
I also Can. Not. Believe! that you weren't comp'd for the bad experience with this order.
Documented.
Yep.
Pictures.
Yep.
What was the supervisor thinking that didn't offer you kabooooooodles of perks for this purchase?

I still buy 3rd party and don't have any qualms about it.
None of my self-fulfilled packages have arrived without the 3rd party seller taking pride in their shipment/contents.
I sell some 3rd party items as the rank and/or fee's for the items that I would pay Amazon for FBA outweigh the pluses.
And I would be devastated if a customer received a package from myself (and/or FBA) that arrived in the above condition.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 07:22:50 PM »
They now want me to do the packaging feedback on the other order that was delivered to Deltona.  How can I?  I never saw the package.  For whatever reason they delivered it on Sunday to another city.....again resealable bags for my business.  Did I need them, you bet I did.  But someone else now has 1000 4x4 resealable bags...FREE  LOL

I just placed another order online for stuff for my business that said if I order in the next 1 hour and 7 minutes it'll arrive tomorrow.  GREAT I thought.  Check out and get an email and a confirmation that says it'll arrive on the 12th.  WHY did I believe what I read when I placed the order quickly so that I could have the items tomorrow?  If you really can't have it tomorrow why not let me know BEFORE I click the checkout and proceed and place order buttons?  Nope, not until after the order is placed did the arrival time change.  I'm telling you, I'm not real "hot" on Amazon right now and I had a boat load of Christmas shopping to do, because I don't do the crowds in the stores well and I have to work and that takes work time away and now I'm not skepticle about doing my shopping on Amazon for the holidays this year      :'(

Remember they sent me an email and said they left a notice for a package they couldn't deliver?  I went to the post office.  There was no notice left and there was no package.  REALLY????  Like I wanted to truck around in the rain today and take time away from working to waste gas, waste time and send my rump into orbit because I made the trip to the post office, stood in the line, waited and then NOTHING.

Also, when did they stop putting the invoices in the boxes so that you know you the seller was and had the order number and all that information on an order?  The last 8 or so packages didn't have the invoice in the box but when I was self filling I know I had to put the invoice in the box?

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 08:07:35 PM »
Ridiculous!
This is NOT the way Amazon is supposed to work!

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »
OK so here we are again....SAME order, 13 days later.  Do I have the 1000 4x4 resealable bags?  No.  Have they done anything to rectify?  Refunded.

Today I get an email that says the 200 10x13 bags that their rep placed the replacement order for when the first ones were missing, are now undeliverable and they're refunding.  My head is about to explode.  I asked for an extension on my prime account.  Know what they said?  Their reps are not supposed to place the order and that's why it's undeliverable because she used my billing and not my shipping address.  IS THAT MY FAULT??????

I'm done.  I'll place the order with Uline or Pack Secure.  13 days is plenty of time to get one order of resealable bags for my business.  And I'm almost done with Amazon period.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »
I order mine from a really reliable seller on eBay for great price and shipping is speedy fast.
Don't forget to check them out...I'm on for just a few minutes or would look up the sellers name.
Lots and lots on eBay!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf