Author Topic: How Much is That Doggie ...  (Read 2566 times)

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz

Southern Jewel

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: How Much is That Doggie ...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 10:41:57 AM »
When we rescued our basset hound, Barney one of the items on the contract was that if we had to give him back up that we notify Suncoast Basset Hound Rescue and they would take him back.

I asked how strict a rule in the contract that was...who knows if one of my children would want him after they moved out or similar situation.
She said they were strict about the rule because it had be found in other similar organizations that pets were adopted and then sold for profit.

And yes, this organization was pretty strict...we had to have a home inspection and interview with each person we stated lived in our household.
Plus a week or two later (can't remember) they came back by to check on us to make sure there wasn't any remorse on our part.
And that he had bonded.

Be Kind
Donna

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
Re: How Much is That Doggie ...
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:56:29 PM »
I have mixed feelings. Even if the dog was resold, that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't going to a good home (although, the ad was lying about the dog's age :(). And some potential great owners are put off by the price and aggravation of the hoopla of adopting at shelters. Sadly, very similar to adopting human children (interviews, home visits, etc etc). Believe me, I want animals to go to good homes and have a great life. But frankly, once they are adopted out and especially once time passes, what happens, happens. Are you supposed to notify them if the animal is sick or dies?!?!? For an "exit interview" or something? I am a HUGE cat lover and I can see why folks would say forget it and get a kitten off Craigslist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf