Author Topic: sales tax collection duties for online sellers  (Read 38335 times)

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
sales tax collection duties for online sellers
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:55:36 PM »
Copied from a friend ...

Slightly political.
 There’s been a lot of talk in the groups lately about the various states imposing sales tax collection duties onto Amazon FBA sellers. As well as penalties, business licenses, fees, possible state income taxes, etc, etc.
 As many know, there is a congressional bill that would address these issues (The Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013). This bill (S-743) would streamline the collection process as well as exempt sellers selling less than $1M dollars in the previous year.
 This bill passed the Senate almost a year ago and has been sitting in the House Judiciary Committee ever since with no movement.
 I don’t know who all is for or against it. I know eBay is against. I personally think that small sellers need to be protected from the administrative nightmare of trying to process taxes for 20+ states.
 If you would like to make your views known you can contact the chairmen of the Judiciary committee in charge.
 Congressman Bachus – Alabama 202-225-4921
 Congressman Farenthold – Texas 202-225-7742
 Or the Judiciary Legal Counsel – Rachel Wolbers – Rachael.Wolbers@mail.house.gov

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

Southern Jewel

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: sales tax collection duties for online sellers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:53:14 AM »
Thanks, BT.
Good information there.
I knew that the one bill had stalled but hadn't had time to keep up with it's progress.
Be Kind
Donna

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf