Author Topic: PayPal Pilots New Checkout Experience January 2014  (Read 11242 times)

Southern Jewel

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
PayPal Pilots New Checkout Experience January 2014
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:28:02 AM »
To Read the Article in Full with graphic: PayPal Pilots New Checkout Experience

Seamless Online Checkout

This year, we’ll accelerate the pace of innovation as we continue to lead the push to transform the shopping experience by delivering greater value to merchants and their customers. At NRF 2014 we’re showcasing advances that are already making the future of retail today’s reality for many retailers, starting with a completely redesigned online checkout experience for large merchants. Now, when customers pay with PayPal online, the entire checkout experience can happen entirely within the merchant website, in a process that takes just a few seconds and requires fewer steps than before. In addition, merchants only need to do one integration to get the same seamless checkout experience on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.

Be Kind
Donna

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
Re: PayPal Pilots New Checkout Experience January 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:14:37 AM »
It's a beautiful thing when the buyer doesn't leave your web site, get bounced over to paypal, then get redirected back once their payment for their order is processed.  It's something merchants have been asking for forever.  I can't count the times that once someone clicks the checkout button and they get zinged to paypal something happens and they don't get redirected back and then you have an abandoned cart you need to check to see why you're losing that business.  Time consuming and the follow up with someone placing a call and asking IF you indeed received payment is time consuming.  Time is money and when I'm not building, I'm losing money.

I LOVE this

Southern Jewel

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:52:52 AM »

I LOVE this

Seconded!
An article I read recently stated with the onslaught of security issues with payment sources that Paypal is looking mighty sweet.
Be Kind
Donna

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 08:14:30 AM »
That whole redirect to PayPal and back thing is why I dropped PayPal from my website.  If customer paid by PayPal but failed to click the 'return to site' link (and why should they? they have paid; it's completed) then my website would not register the sale. So, if I did not login to PayPal and review things there, I wouldn't even know of the payment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf