Author Topic: storefront = Storenvy.com  (Read 30350 times)

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
storefront = Storenvy.com
« on: February 19, 2013, 09:12:16 PM »
http://www.storenvy.com/open-a-store

at first glance it appears to be like ecrater but you can style your store more to your liking
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:09:31 AM by Southern Jewel's Fab Finds »

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: Another free storefront = Storenvy.com
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
Nice!

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:34:49 PM »
scary thing is
domain was purchased in April 2008
it expires this year.

So it's been around and I've never even heard it mentioned anywhere
until now.

scary!  lol
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:13:57 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out, BT.
Not alot of persons would've taken the time to look at the expiration.
I'll have to see if they have a forum and ask if that has been addressed.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
Update:
Today I signed up for a Storenvy.com storefront..
Thought why not at least give it a look-see. (the domain issue still has me questioning though)

Started to set the storefront up and stopped dead in my tracks after clicking the large yellow link with Paypal graphic.
Granting Storenvy PayPal Permissions & PayPal Account Types

The part of the agreement that I disagree with is:
That I grant storenvy.com the right to issue an issue a refund for a specific transaction.

Ok, I've had storefronts with eCrater, Bonanzle and Highwire...but I don't believe I've ever given them permission to issue refunds for a transaction between myself and a buyer.

I don't like this in the least bit.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
I tweet'd to Adam @storenvy and have asked him for his input on this issue.

storenvy

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:46:07 PM »
Hey everyone!

Adam with Storenvy.com. First and foremost, please dont worry our domain will not expire ;)

Storenvy has been around since 2008 but not in it's current state since Dec 2012, when we revamped our marketplace to help discovery and sharing of products much more fun and easy! We are currently the home to over 31,000 storefronts featuring over 700,000 individual awesome products.

Granting PayPal Permissions question. -- We will absolutely NEVER issue a refund on your behalf. The PayPal API we use requires that permission, but rest assured we are not going to be issuing a refund on your behalf. That is not good for either of us!

Lastly we are the only platform that allows users to setup completely customizable storefronts as well as inclusion in our socially driven marketplace.

Feel free to fire away anymore questions you may have!

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 01:41:05 AM »

See who Adam is … http://www.storenvy.com/Adam  (LOL, hope that’s the right Adam)

OK ... Adam, you asked ... so hear I go ....

Storenvy has been around since 2008 but not in it's current state

what state was it in prior to December?
If you've been a marketplace since 2008 and I haven't heard of you ... ever ... I wonder why.
I've been selling online since 1999 and usually at least have heard of places.

I laugh at that remark "but not in it's current state " mainly because Sparedollar was around before it became a listing service and it was a begging site (my term) asking folks if they could spare a dollar .... so that's why I ask what was storenvy before December 2012?

One thing I've learn is the number of other sellers and the number of total items on the site no longer seems to make a difference.   It did for years but now ... well if it does what's wrong with Bonanza and other sites that have tons of sellers and merchandise yet you can't seem to find the items anywhere on search engines?  eCrater seems to come and go on google any more.  It used to appear in google shopping like right on top ... not that way now.
So ... how does the number of other sellers and the number of total items on the site suppose to make a difference to me as a seller on your site?

Jon Crawford, a startup junkie and founder of Storenvy.com, an online store platform for create and unique businesses.  What is meant by a store platform for CREATE and unique businesses?  What is a CREATE business? 

We are currently the home to over 31,000 storefronts featuring over 700,000 individual awesome products.

Thursday, January 27th, 2011 article says (  http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/27/storenvy/ )
“Over 60,000 community shoppers now visit their 2,800 community-run stores to browse and buy”
Are you saying in one year Storenvy.com went from 2,800 stores to 31,000 stores? 
Hhhmmm and I still never heard of it.

“Storenvy received $1.5 million of funding led by Spark Capital and First Round Capital. And aside from those two big players, Storenvy’s round also attracted interest from the likes of Kleiner Perkins and Charles River Ventures. And a group of angels are on board as well, including: David Cohen, John Maloney, David Cancel and David Hauser & Siamak Taghaddos.
With the money, Storenvy plans to expand their team to fuel growth.”
LOL, and still I have never heard of Storenvy and neither has anyone I know. 
My question … do you all think you have succeeded?

“the plan is to eventually go the freemium route; give away the majority of stuff for free, then charge a bit here and there for extras. That model should keep would-be sellers very interested as they keep their transaction and listing fees.”
So, the FREE site is not ALL free.  What is the bit here and there that a seller gets charged for?

With 6.53 million in funding, a staff of paid employees, how long it Storenvy planning to remain free?  What are the limitations of a FREE store?

Are there plans to work with sites like automcf.com that work to sync sales and inventory with Amazon fulfillment?  AutoMCF will take the sales information for a seller  from their ebay account and automatically feed that info to Amazon fulfillment center for shipping of the item purchased, so the seller does nothing.  Since our merchandise is all stored in Amazon fulfillment centers this is something we would like to be able to use with any site we look at in the future.

Storenvy.com says “Over 32,000 stores you can't find anywhere else”
So does that mean if a store is on your site they can’t sell elsewhere?
Or what exactly does that mean “stores you can't find anywhere else”??

“Everything on Storenvy is for sale by a one-of-a-kind business”
OK, even more confusing …
So I can’t sell there because I don’t sell one of a kind items?
So is this more like ETSY?  A crafters site?
Or is it more like eCrater.com a free marketplace for anyone that wants it?

OK … I think 10 questions is enough for now!  LOL

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 01:55:00 AM »
I do have one more question ...

Does Storenvy.com have any way of importing inventory from other sites .. like importing my ebay listings or importing my invenotry for a ton of different stores on ecrater.com
Is this possible??

Charming Intentions

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Charming Intentions
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 03:54:39 AM »
Hi Adam  :)
I'm new here as well.  I have a storefront on storenvy but haven't finished yet.  I've got to get on that.  I had no idea storenvy has been around.  i absolutely love it.  I'm alittle confused on the attributes and values.  But it looks like I'm doing it right.  :h0161

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »
Hey everyone!

Adam with Storenvy.com. First and foremost, please dont worry our domain will not expire ;)

Granting PayPal Permissions question. -- We will absolutely NEVER issue a refund on your behalf. The PayPal API we use requires that permission, but rest assured we are not going to be issuing a refund on your behalf. That is not good for either of us!

Thanks for coming by and joining, Adam.
I really appreciate your input regarding the Paypal issue.

You've answered my questions, I'll be moving forward.
I like the products that are on the storenvy site...lots of indies.

Wanted to let you know that my daughter found your site first before it was mentioned on my forum.
She found it via a group of indies that used to sell on ETSY and tired of the fee's.
They absolutely LOVE the ability to make their store look like their own individual website personality...BRANDING!
Evidently you are picking up alot of talk in general from the "hipster" crowd and it's all positive.

Best of luck!

storenvy

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »
Hey everyone!

Alright to answer those questions.

1. what state was it in prior to December?
Storenvy was primarily a store builder up until December. Yes we had a marketplace but the focus up until recently was providing individuals and businesses a very easy to use online store builder.

2. So ... how does the number of other sellers and the number of total items on the site suppose to make a difference to me as a seller on your site?
Well typically the more products and sellers the more competition, the inverse is the more sellers and products typically the more users are on a marketplace.

3. Jon Crawford, a startup junkie and founder of Storenvy.com, an online store platform for create and unique businesses.  What is meant by a store platform for CREATE and unique businesses?  What is a CREATE business?

That should be Creative Businesses, not create. Where did you see that?

4. Thursday, January 27th, 2011 article says (  http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/27/storenvy/ )
“Over 60,000 community shoppers now visit their 2,800 community-run stores to browse and buy”
Are you saying in one year Storenvy.com went from 2,800 stores to 31,000 stores? 
Hhhmmm and I still never heard of it.

That is exactly what Im saying ;) Feel free to see our live store counter here: http://www.storenvy.com/how-it-works

5. LOL, and still I have never heard of Storenvy and neither has anyone I know. 
My question … do you all think you have succeeded?

We have succeeded in certain aspects and still working on it in others. Until we are the default store platform we have not succeeded.

6. So, the FREE site is not ALL free.  What is the bit here and there that a seller gets charged for?
Yes stores are 100% completely free. You are absolutely not forced to pay for anything at all to enjoy the full capabilities of Storenvy. The only paid features for store owners we have are the ability to use a custom domain and the ability to use more types of discount codes.

7. With 6.53 million in funding, a staff of paid employees, how long it Storenvy planning to remain free?  What are the limitations of a FREE store?
Storenvy stores will always be free! That being said we do plan on moving to a revenue share model for any sales that we drive you through our Marketplace. To recap, if you drive a sale directly to your storefront = completely free. If we drive you a sale through discovery in our marketplace we will eventually take a percentage. What the % is and when that starts has not been determined.

8. Are there plans to work with sites like automcf.com that work to sync sales and inventory with Amazon fulfillment?
We absolutely want to keep adding integrations as we continue to grow. We most recently integrated with Shipwire.com and Stitchlabs.com

9. Storenvy.com says “Over 32,000 stores you can't find anywhere else”
So does that mean if a store is on your site they can’t sell elsewhere?
Or what exactly does that mean “stores you can't find anywhere else”??

Your store can be in more than one place at a time. It is a broad statement, but most stores on Storenvy are only on Storenvy.

10. “Everything on Storenvy is for sale by a one-of-a-kind business”
OK, even more confusing …
So I can’t sell there because I don’t sell one of a kind items?
So is this more like ETSY?  A crafters site?
Or is it more like eCrater.com a free marketplace for anyone that wants it?

Again take it more generally. We have a lot of one of a kind creative businesses, but we are not limiting any stores to only that.

Hope that helps!

storenvy

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »
Oh! And we do have an Etsy importer that is available at https://storenvy-importer.herokuapp.com/ but that is it for now.

Thanks!

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29:48 AM »
Bump.
If you haven't taken a look at Store Envy in a while, you should.

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »
Bump.
If you haven't taken a look at Store Envy in a while, you should.
Do tell!!!   :yap

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: storefront = Storenvy.com
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 10:00:25 AM »
Hannah has made sales on the site.
I've got mine up and kinda running.
Not filled at all.
It has vintage nightgowns, sweater set and items I can't sell on Amazon due to condition of package.

One of my first son's best friends and we're friends with the family has a store envy shop:
http://jonnydiaz.storenvy.com/

What I like about it is the customization to where it looks like a real website and not an eCrater.
I have cleaned out the items in my eCrater stores (long forgotten stores) for the most part. (cept ebooks and I need to get that done, too)

fishingpuddycat

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • fishingpuddycat
    • fishingpuddycat
    • Heelsnhose
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Fishingpuddycat Heelsnhose
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 04:06:32 PM »
Is anyone getting sales on Sorenvy.com?  Does anyone have experience with Webstore? 
Find your great shoe deals at http://heelsnhose.ecrater.com/

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 08:59:03 AM »
My daughter has had sale(s).
I haven't had time to do diddly squat with mine as far as marketing, google analytics, tweet, blog...general marketing.
I do love the simplicity.
Alot of my daughter's friends who were on ETSY have added a Storenvy.
They have found that with the same hard work promoting they did with just ETSY they're making sales via Storenvy.

Lilygiftsandmore

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Free Disney Children's book with purchase.
    • Lilygiftsandmore
    • http://stores.ebay.com/lilygiftsandmore
    • ToyBooksandGifts
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Youtube
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Lily Gifts and More - Sears Marketplace Website
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
 :hi

I just opened my Store Envy Store after reading these articles.  I used to sell on Amazon and I would like to know what the success rate on Store Envy is as opposed to Amazon.

Lily

springintoscooters

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • The United States Postal Service's Official Mascot
    • View Profile
    • Spring Into Scooters
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:06 PM »
You'll be our test case. Please keep us posted about your progress.
<----- Slow ride. Take it easy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf