Author Topic: Weird eBay problem: Canceled listing keeps re-listing itself!  (Read 18854 times)

kbalona

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Weird eBay problem: Canceled listing keeps re-listing itself!
« on: January 07, 2013, 09:20:21 PM »
I'm having a really odd problem. I listed an item the other day, and an hour later a duplicate of this listing showed up in my account. It's a BIN, GTC listing. I immediately canceled it, thinking it was just some random glitch. Now this morning I found it was again listed under my account, and again canceled it, only to have it re-list a few hours later. I decided to call eBay, and talked to a nice CS rep who confirmed that I was properly ending the item, and cancelled the listing from his end (as well as crediting me for the previous listings). He also suggested that since the original listing was posted through Auctiva, that I should check with them to make sure everything is OK on their end, which I did. (I had already checked and double checked that there were no auto relist profiles assigned to it). Auctiva promptly replied back saying there was no record of it being posted from their end. I was hoping for the best, but I just got another Listing Confirmed email for this rogue listing. I have no idea what to do. Maybe I should try cancelling the original listing and hope its doppelganger leaves as well.

Kyle

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
Re: Weird eBay problem: Canceled listing keeps re-listing itself!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »
KB...
Now that's just dayum strange.
I can't imagine how you are going to get to the bottom of this.
No way your account could've been hijacked, right?

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »
I think I'd go with cancelling the original and hoping they're tied together somehow. Weird...

kbalona

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »
I figured out the problem last night, and it was my fault. I use some software that pulls my eBay sales into my Magento store for processing, but it also has the capability to list to eBay right from Magento...and it seems I had unknowingly activated this setting. I turned it off again, and everything is back to normal.
Kyle

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »
Too funny!  :laugh: Glad the mystery is solved. I could just see killing everything and the darn thing listing itself again.  :017

eotrg2

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »
Too funny!  :laugh:  I could just see killing everything and the darn thing listing itself again.  :017

??? ??? :053 :053 :0195 :0195 :h0035 :0771

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf