Author Topic: Are you famliar with Uship.com?  (Read 18165 times)

bettysclothesline

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • bettysclothesline
    • http://www.ebay.com/usr/bettysclothesline
    • World Grocery Store and More
    • View Profile
Are you famliar with Uship.com?
« on: October 21, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »
I have a new customer that has a big order. Wants to pay through an invoice but what I figured for this 59 lb. package to be shipped priority did not please him. So, he found Uship.com. I just registered for the bids to be placed. I have never heard  of this business and feel a little hesitant to deal with it. However, I have purchased all these items and sure want the money but if they are not reputable I would rather return the groceries and knock this up as a "real tough learning experience."  Even though I don't want to lose money, I may on this order by not being able to return all the products but I sure don't the worst to happen--they take my package, try to ship it and it is never delivered. Are they reliable?  Compared to how much time I have put in gathering the items, emailing him, trying to deal with pleasing him on this shipping, I am way in the hole!! What little bit I will make is nothing compared to what time I have put into this. He wants to become a regular customer to buy things from me to sell in his store in Germany. I don't think so..............!   

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
Re: Are you famliar with Uship.com?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:23:43 PM »
We've used Uship to transport cars we sold, engines, etc.  Depending on the driver, etc. we've always had good experiences and no complaints.  Another option you can look into is Greyhound....I know, I thought the same thing, but we shipped car hoods, fenders, etc. greyhound, rates were good and they arrived with no damage.  Of course car parts are not perishable, but they arrived in good time and in good order using both methods.     :h0161

bettysclothesline

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • bettysclothesline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 05:45:45 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Does Greyhound ship to Germany?

springintoscooters

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • The United States Postal Service's Official Mascot
    • View Profile
    • Spring Into Scooters
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
I dunno. I know dogs can swim, but I doubt they can swim that far.  :poke
<----- Slow ride. Take it easy.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »
Oh heck you're shipping to Germany?  Everything requested is allowed through Customs?

Is Uship quoting you on  a "container"/gaylord?  They sending it "slow boat" as the Europeans call it?  I have some friends in Germany and Switzerland, I'll ask Andrea and Mattias how they get things from the state to their native homes for you most efficient and economically

bettysclothesline

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • bettysclothesline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 10:47:12 PM »
To busy, I will apprecite you doing that. I did talk on the phone to a Rep. from Uship. Very nice and informative. She said that the package would not even reach Gemany until probably the last of November. "Slow Boat"   Now, all the item have long off expiration dates so I am not concerned about them being spoiled but I don't want this box tossed ans turned. Plus, he said at first, priority mail was fine, until he found how it would cost. I have decided that this is NOT a customer that I need. He whines, he wants a good discount on every $100 he buys, etc....I have decided that I need to spend my time with other customers, building my store and starting another store on another site.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 11:15:06 PM »
How many items is he talking about?  I'm waiting to hear from Mattias on the most economical way to ship into Germany, we have that time difference thing that goes on where I'm awake when he's sleeping and vice versa but normally he'll hit me up on facebook and I find the message.  I'll probably be up early enough to catch Andrea in the morning so I'll check with him as well.  He has family in Tacoma and they ship items back and forth frequently, he'll know also, although he's in Switerland, but it's much the same all over Europe

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf