Author Topic: Facebook Privacy?? Not likely  (Read 15410 times)

eotrg2

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Facebook Privacy?? Not likely
« on: August 17, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
There comes a point in many situations where you have to recognize that the cat is not only out of the bag, it has stolen your wallet and your car keys and has taken the I-15 to Vegas.

And such is the case when it comes to monitoring and privacy. For example, The New York Times reports that German legislators have reopened their investigation into Facebook (do they call it "GesichtBuch" there? Probably not).

Germany's problem with Das Facebook began earlier this year when the data protection commissioner of the Hamburg Office of Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Johannes Caspar, charged that the company was illegally building a database of members' photos without their consent and started an inquiry. The inquiry was suspended in June in the belief that Facebook would mend its evil ways and change its policies.

More here --->>>>  http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2012/081712-backspin.html

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
Re: Facebook Privacy?? Not likely
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:49:52 PM »
I was gonna say probably why their stock price is less than half of their IPO...I know I do use FB as much as I used to, except for my business page and even then I have a hard time logging in most times with the site timing out or saying it's not currently available....REALLY?

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:35:55 PM »
I told my family (in this house and outside) that it's time for me to either close my FB down since I haven't signed in since last October or completely delete everyone except family and be done with it.

Soooo, if any of you from this forum find you're deleted from my FB..it means I actually signed into my FB and deleted everyone but family and the high school graduation page.

Please don't anyone get their feelings hurt, as it's just too overwhelming to me to keep up with all the postings, updates and more for all the peeps I know.

It's nothing personal.

Or it might just happen that the whole FB account will be gone...poof!

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 11:05:32 AM »
And exactly why I have *nothing* posted on mine. I got a personal and a bus one strictly to nab coupons and such.

I still say people are going to regret posting their lives in social networking sites.

springintoscooters

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • The United States Postal Service's Official Mascot
    • View Profile
    • Spring Into Scooters
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:05:13 PM »
Just think before you post. It will teach you to be more thoughtful about what you say IRL, too.
<----- Slow ride. Take it easy.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »
Just think before you post. It will teach you to be more thoughtful about what you say IRL, too.

True.
Very true.

eotrg

• Global Moderator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Deborah
    • View Profile
    • EOTRG which means End Of The Rainbow Gifts!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »
It is really just common sense, it's not that hard to do. My motto has always been, if I would not feel comfortable with my mother reading what I post, than it should not be posted in a public forum.  :?
Deborah
"I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." ~ Martha Washington
http://stores.ebay.com/End-of-the-Rainbow-Gifts
http://www.amazon.com/shops/eotrg

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf