Author Topic: Paypal  (Read 13892 times)

Southern Jewel

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Paypal
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »
Exactly How Screwed Is PayPal?
(Hint: Very)

I found this article to be very informative and interesting.

Be Kind
Donna

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
Re: Paypal
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 08:14:41 AM »
Yea, that was interesting. As much as we whine about PayPal in general, I have to admit it is nice to use a service that most buyers are familiar with and will use to pay you.
Is there really nobody younger than 30 bidding on eBay now? Or is this author just younger and trying to prove her own point?

eotrg2

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 08:28:09 AM »
Is there really nobody younger than 30 bidding on eBay now? Or is this author just younger and trying to prove her own point?

Guess that this  :gpa :gpa  will have to give back those 20 eBay bucks I earned last quarter.  :'( :'( Get off my lawn!!

Southern Jewel

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »
I'm not under 30 so I shouldn't be answering...ha.
I buy on eBay mostly because the items have no competition in bidding/buying/winning.
I mainly buy it now and very seldom will I even both watching an auction.
However, there are a few times that I have...
I search, put in watching, bid and win.
Examples: The iPad 2 that I purchased was uploaded at a time when very few would've been searching and considering buying, the Coach purses I've purchased had no other bidders and I'm attempting to fill in my mother's crystal/china/silver with replacements.

Now onto those that I know that are under 30.
Most don't use eBay.
With our Prime Merchant Account they will buy from Amazon.
OR they will buy from Etsy or the website (i,e. Quiksilver, NCAA, etc) with their credit card.
As long as a website has the padlock they feel secure and they know the purchase is safe using their credit card.
The only use I can think that they use Paypal for is for sending me $$$.
Be Kind
Donna

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:05:39 AM »
I'm not under 30 either and I'll go to Amazon LONG before I'll look on ebay for anything unless its one of a kind or something odd.  My daughter and her friends will check Amazon, Etsy or do a google search for anything they're looking for, but ebay, nope.  They don't even go there, doesn't even come to their minds when they are looking for something, which I found odd the first dozen or so times my daughter was asking me for help to find something she was looking for.

Electronics I check Bens Outlet, 1SaleaDay, Woot, or google and more often than not, I find it on Amazon in seach returns

Maybe ebay is a dying breed except for their big box store type sellers?

Southern Jewel

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »

Maybe ebay is a dying breed except for their big box store type sellers?

Agreed.
Ephemeral and collectibles seem to do well and I would think would always have a following on eBay.
Vintage and retro clothing seems to do well.
Replacements for my china/crystal/silver...I've been lucky and found prices that I feel comfortable purchasing. 

My son is a collector of Batman and Thor (along with a few others), so he finds it a treasure-trove for what he's looking for....but that's the ONLY thing he looks for on eBay.

Thanks for the Ben's Outlet mention...I'd not heard of it.

I forgot to mention, last time I was in Lowe's purchasing an item, they gave me the option of using my Paypal card....I declined.
<shrug>

They aren't the only merchants.

Alot of those merchants can be found on the below link with their discounts for products. 
I have a credit limit via Paypal Buy It Bill Me Later and the discounts added onto the account are sometimes well worth considering when purchasing an item. 
Be Kind
Donna

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf