Lifestyles Forums > * General Discussions

Hurricane Season 2011 2012 2013 2014

<< < (2/11) > >>

ICToys.com:
I'm fine - we're south of the evacuation areas.   We had the hurricane related bands of crappy weather today but it appears to have all passed now.   

I worry about the NYC area folks - this storm has a LOT of rain and there are going to be some serious flooding issues.

ITSDF:
The pups and I are all prepared for a long weekend - lots of water, dog food and pork rinds! LOL

Seriously Western MA is supposed to get more of a tropical storm - 6+ inches of water and 50-75MPH winds.

We'll hunker down here -I figure we've survived a blizzard, tornado, and earthquake so far this year - we can make it through this- as long as we don't have a surprise volcano we should be ok!

signsintime:
Stay safe, Ellen!

I was just watching the weather channel and Al Roker and a weather lady I whose name I didn't catch were on the beach on Long Island. They were saying they could see the balconies of some high rise behind them and that people were turning their lawn chairs upside down and calling it secure. OMG they have no clue what even 45mph sustained winds can do. The NE is in for a shocker, that's for sure.

Southern Jewel:
@Ellen
Check in when you can and let us know all are safe.
(Pass the pork rinds!)

I'm probably going to change the subject of this thread to Hurricanes of 2011 so we can just check in at one place on the forum.

The tropics are VERY busy churning with storms.

planetsuze:

--- Quote from: SouthernJewel.com on August 27, 2011, 09:48:53 AM ---@Ellen
Check in when you can and let us know all are safe.
(Pass the pork rinds!)

I'm probably going to change the subject of this thread to Hurricanes of 2011 so we can just check in at one place on the forum.

The tropics are VERY busy churning with storms.

--- End quote ---
Mmmmm... Pork rinds!  :up Besides being a tasty crunchy snack, they are great 'carriers' for cheese, dips etc when you are doing low carb.  :up  Gives you a break from celery, lol. I have almost two bags of them here right now.

If you do change the thread, would you consider sticky-ing it, until the end of H-Season?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version