Author Topic: IF Strikes Again!  (Read 7036 times)

bluedaemon23

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
IF Strikes Again!
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:50:30 AM »
Anybody see this?  http://inkfrog.zendesk.com/entries/254981-new-ebay-requirement-reimbursement-method

NO announcement from eBay - I checked - and my listings so far are launching just fine. 

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: IF Strikes Again!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »
You must now enter a reimbursement method on eBay or your listings will fail with a 240 error message.

I launched 70 new listings through IF this afternoon - no problems. After seeing this post, I checked Ebay and I have no reimbursement method designated. No idea where IF got this info!

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:57:20 PM »
Set mine up but most likely shouldn't have.  I have listed 100 items today prior to this.

TxRed

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »
I checked, and maybe I'm off base, but it looks like they are talking about payment for your eBay fees, not reimbursement to buyers.  If you go into your account, the information is in the area concerning how your eBay payment is made.  Please correct me if I'm wrong!  :?

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 12:20:54 PM »
Hi Lynn, nope it's two different things.  I have no clue where IF got this info and would think we would have been notified by ebay with an announcement.

Those that haven't set this up, have you had any problems?

TxRed

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 01:04:13 PM »
I agree, Steve, we should have been notified by eBay!  I haven't changed anything, and so far no problems.

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »
I opened a new ebay account last week for my brother. Paid the $5 for ID verification to paypal, and I still got this message from ebay. They want a credit card or checking account # so they can enforce their buyer protection (the one where the
Buyer is always right) 
Ebay is probably doing this because they offered the free listing fees for non store owners and probably got a lot of new sellers. Even though they hold the new sellers money for 21 days, they might not have made enough to reimburse an unhappy buyer from their paypal account.
Ebay's going to get the unhappy buyer paid one way or another.

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 06:26:53 PM »
I don't have anything specified and haven't had any problem with listings.  Maybe because PP is already specified as my payment method for eBay fees?  I personally don't want to give ebay any more permission to go into my accounts than I have to.   When they announce we have to do it, I will, but not until then.  Unless (knock on wood) the listings start failing!

kolstromkreations

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Gemstone Jewelry
    • View Profile
    • MysticTopaz.net
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 06:46:03 PM »
The eBay User Agreement has been updated to support policy and other changes.  The updated Agreement is effective immediately for new members, and on September 7, 2010, for current members...

Please refer to the eBay Buyer Protection policy for the full terms...

You don’t need to take any further action to accept the new eBay User Agreement. If you choose not to accept the new terms, visit this help page for further direction.

http://announcements.ebay.com/2010/07/updates-to-the-ebay-user-agreement/

darla

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Ultra-Beauty-Boutique
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »
Does this include people who do not accept returns?  I'm confused.   :?
WeRLivingFree

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »
I believe that it does buyers can still claim not as described and if found in their favor, charge back!

tinytwister

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Formerly Twisttolife on SD/IF
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »
Does this include people who do not accept returns?  I'm confused.   :?
Oh Darla, you DO take returns, ya just don't know it yet.
Actually, you may not get the return, but you WILL give a FULL refund if someone files an eBay or Paypal claim.

A few months ago I had just this discussion with a PP head honcho. He said eBay insists that if a buyer files a claim, NO MATTER WHAT evidence the seller provides in defense, and even if the seller states no returns. the buyer gets a full refund. He also stated that PP strongly disagrees with eBay, but must comply.
Furthermore, buyers can just turn an item around and send it back to the seller, without contacting the seller, and provide a return D/C to eBay or PP and get a full refund.

Stating "no returns" just means we hope that the buyer isn't educated in the "eBay ways".

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 02:07:08 PM »
Ebay has had this policy in effect, even before this announcement.  I'll tell you how far ebay will go with this.  Last Dec. I ordered a VTG Nightgown from a seller.  When I got it, it was a mess, elastic out, etc.  I filed a claim and the seller said she did not accept returns.  I just threw it in a drawer and figured I was out $60.  After about a month, I hadn't sent it back and ebay went so far as to send me a paid return slip, to send this back to the seller.  Ebay PAID the shipping, and made the seller return the money to my account. 

darla

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Ultra-Beauty-Boutique
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 03:51:08 PM »
Tinytwister, right I realize that.  And I have had a charge back just a few weeks ago (I won and they reimbursed me).  I must be set up correctly already.
WeRLivingFree

tinytwister

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Formerly Twisttolife on SD/IF
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 01:46:04 AM »
Darla, I am curious whether that was a PP or an eBay claim.
I haven't had the opportunity to test what PP told me (thank goodness), but it seemed like sellers were even more powerless. Of course my conversation with PP was a few months ago and as it usually goes, the eBay right hand doesn't know what the eBay left and is doing :o

...Sure glad the nightgown got refunded. Shocking that eBay paid the return shipping, but certainly was fair and should have been done by the seller to begin with.

dustyheart

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Still having fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 09:59:23 AM »
This is another reason I will not sell on that site again!

They tried to get rid of the smaller sellers (which to some extent they did).
They kept raising the price of listing and closing.
They ran specials to get sellers to buy a store.
They won't let you have any other type of payment listed in with the item description.
They now have this!

If you ask me, seems like this perfect idea started so many years ago has become the worst place to deal with and the way I look at it is - damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Perhaps someone should cut the panties off of the ones running it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf