Author Topic: More problems with IF?  (Read 6489 times)

TxRed

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
More problems with IF?
« on: August 23, 2010, 10:46:58 AM »
Now what's going on with IF?  Yesterday I was working on some new listings for eBay and IF was so slow I thought it had died!  I had the auctions scheduled to launch, but decided to just launch them manually instead of waiting for IF to do it because I didn't trust that the scheduler would work.  After the auctions launched I checked them on eBay, then refreshed my live auctions page on IF, but no luck.  The item count (and the showcase) have been stuck and refuses to update to the current number of auctions.  I finally contacted IF this morning and Sheryl responded requesting the item numbers that do not show up.  I supplied her with those numbers and I guess she will investigate.  To say I'm frustrated is an understatement.

Anyone else experience this problem?

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: More problems with IF?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:19:44 PM »
Hi Lynn, sorry your having problems.

Yesterday, Sunday 8/22/10 I did not create new listings but scheduled Resubmits and Relist a total of 80+

All listed fine with the exception of 1 and it was my fault because it was an old Relist and I didn't have the Item Condition set to New. Went in and fixed it and it was fast.  Normally on Scheduled items once I am thru then I go to Scheduled and select All and apply the correct Global Item Condition but I forgot.

I just looked to compare what eBay shows as far as Live # of listings and in IF, they are the same.  However when I click on Showcase it shows 1 less.

The only issue that I am having and have had for a couple weeks is when in IF sometimes it will show the correct # of Scheduled listings then the next time it will show -0-.  I have submitted several support tickets and Sheryl or Heather have replied very quickly and said they could go to my account and see the same as I and have handed it over to Sergei.  To me this is a very small problem but I do want it fixed.

As you would guess, I have to ask you, have you shut all programs and run cCleaner both cleaner and registry?

TxRed

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »
Hi Stone,
I don't usually have problems with IF, but it just took me so long to get things done that I was a bit annoyed.  Yes, I cleared my cache, ran cCleaner (both cleaner and registry).  Also rebooted.   :h0035  Sheryl was very nice, and the correct number of auctions are now showing.  I'm just waiting for my showcase to correct.  I've refreshed it, but it's still got a few little glitches.  I'm just glad that the rest is working.

I usually work on listings, send them to the scheduler, and then decide whether I want to list manually or let them list themselves.  I really like the scheduler, so I was just glad to get them listed anyway.  I had the same problem with the scheduler showing 0, but when I clicked on "scheduled" the listings showed up.  It happened a few times, but at least I didn't lose anything.

Thanks for the help!  :up

JandTs Madness

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • JandT's Madness
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
I was told when IF starts slowing to a crawl and not loading folders to log out for about 5 or 10 minutes
This seems to happen when I have been on IF for hours
I guess it is is IF's way of saying "Take a break"  :ct0559

If it happens again try that and see if it helps

Tina
Tina
ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ www.jandtsmadness.com ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ http://stores.ebay.com/JandTs-Madness-Bargain-Boutique Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

TxRed

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »
I was told when IF starts slowing to a crawl and not loading folders to log out for about 5 or 10 minutes
This seems to happen when I have been on IF for hours
I guess it is is IF's way of saying "Take a break"  :ct0559

If it happens again try that and see if it helps

Tina

Thanks, Tina!  I know exactly what you mean.  The same thing has happened to me several times in the past and that is exactly what I have to do...log out, take a break and log back in.  Then everything seems to work fine.  :h0035

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »
I suspect browser cache files get cluttered after awhile.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

TxRed

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:30:57 PM »
I suspect browser cache files get cluttered after awhile.
I agree.  :h0161

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 03:43:41 PM »
Lynn, check your email.  Way cool!!

TxRed

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile