Author Topic: Inkfrog forums?  (Read 47565 times)

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
Re: Inkfrog forums?
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 03:28:12 AM »
I copied and pasted alot of Poco's posts and information because I wasn't going to lose it again.  He's helping me via email get my listings and stuff ready to list using TL.  Since Heather cancelled my account and that did away with my price lock and my HW store price lock as well, I've got ALOT of work to do.....LOL   So what else is new?   :whip

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 04:13:14 AM »
I copied and pasted alot of Poco's posts and information because I wasn't going to lose it again.  He's helping me via email get my listings and stuff ready to list using TL.  Since Heather cancelled my account and that did away with my price lock and my HW store price lock as well, I've got ALOT of work to do.....LOL   So what else is new?   :whip

Pocomo is such a nice guy to share all his information like he does!  He was making it pretty clear though in his most recent posts that he was doing fine using SMPro instead of IF so they probably didn't like that.  I do sync with TL every couple of weeks to make sure I have all my listings saved.  Just in case...

I guess IF doesn't want any member input at all in its forums.  Are they even forums any more??  That's one way to look good to prospective customers I guess.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 04:53:38 AM »
Most services use the forums to have free help from users, rather than rely on paid tech support round the clock.  Dunno what IF is thinking.

What lynx are working?
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 05:44:47 AM »
oh my oh my

sounds like sparedollar days all over again.

oh how I love teh ecrater forums ... none of this crap that's for sure!

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 09:32:02 AM »
Heather told me last night the forums have been removed and that was all the information she has at this time. Yeah right. Once again no announcement just poof. Very unprofessional.
There was never any problems with the forums or IF until Tomas came over from SD..

Now can someone please tell me how to sync with TL? Thank you.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 09:36:41 AM »
It's under tools on the menu
I believe it's the bottom choice.

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 09:45:31 AM »
Thank you Donna.

I was trying to respond to your welcome message but can't even figure out how to do that. LOL

Robin

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 09:48:39 AM »
The way we have the forums set up...
Each member is approved by the admins only.
No PM's until after five posts on the board.
Just another means to keep the spammers that could join and go crazy PM'ing our members away. (just in case one gets in by accident)
We try to protect our members here as much as possible.

Thanks for joining!

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
Makes sense. Thank you for the information and the welcome.

becky24343

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 09:51:47 AM »
I wasn't sure what was going on last night, if it was just the forums closing or what.  I tried to get some work done and was prompted to update my token.  So I updated my token and worked maybe 15 minutes or so, and suddenly was prompted to update my token again.  It was a little creepy, but I did it again--no further trouble.  I can see they've made changes at Ebay (the big 27th deadline), so I guess that was it.  But coming at the same time as the forum disappearing made me wonder.  I came over here and nobody was posting anything, so then I wondered if it was just me--even creepier!   :?

I can't believe that anyone who read the forums regularly expected them to last!  Negativity breeds negativity.  When I read a post a day or two ago that someone in Support had told a user that IF had no backups, I knew there wasn't enough spin on the earth to fix that.  Greg tried to correct what the person said, but too late.

Sure, I wish my FTP's would go to certain folders and I wish for darker/bigger fonts and I wish Ebay would quit fiddling with things and I wish I could lose 50 pounds and be 30 years old again.  But I haven't missed a day of listing with InkFrog.  I don't mean to make anybody mad, but in spite of a few glitches and some serious cosmetic mistakes, it works for me.  

I do feel bad about the parts compatibility people and others who apparently can't even list.  They have to leave and I understand that.  I read a post in another forum from a seller who was cursing the parts compatibility and wishing that Ebay hadn't done that because it was causing more problems than not.  I suspect there is other cursing at InkFrog that should be directed at Ebay.  

But best wishes to all!  And I hope the disgruntled will post somewhere and tell us where to move for the Utopian experience!!
WT Collectibles Die-cast cars!
Our store
Our items on Ebay

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »
Becky,
I missed the post about no back up. I only read the forums in the morning and then again at night (except for the word game). LOL.

I do agree with you about IF overall. It works for me too. I haven't upgraded and don't use the counters. I don't use a lot of what they offer. I do miss the reports as you already know that.

Robin

becky24343

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 10:31:34 AM »
<sigh>  I daydream about those reports every time I sit down to type my sales into my spreadsheet.  Guess it's time to upgrade to QuickBooks and join the 21st century! 
Our store
Our items on Ebay

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
I'm one of the sellers that sell in ebay motors/parts and accessories exclusively.  I had no compatibility capabilities through IF although June 12th we were told that it was 90% complete and in the sandbox.  I would have to take my listings to TL, include the compability and then launch through TL from that time on because IF's listings do not update to any changes made directly on ebay or through TL...so at that point, when I had most of my compatibility figured out and backed up with TL there was little point to launch through IF because I'd have to go through the compatibility for each listing again once it was live.

I did have a problem with so many advertisements on each of my listings saying launched using smartlister using terapeak...I couldn't use the smartlister because it wasn't offered for ebay motors, so I wasn't using it.  Then the smartcounter advertisement on my listing but the smartlister was never released to the whole, it's still in beta testing, couldn't get answers on how to interpret the information, the information I got was never accurate, no response to tickets except that I shouldn't expect it to perform because it's being tested.  Then get it off my listings please.

Right now I'm having good luck with TL, everything is backed up, my compatibility is in almost all of my products and I'll go from there.  As far as my HW store, it works but support there as well is hit and miss.  Some people get good service, some get the standard reply that they'll pass it on to the developers and then your ticket is closed and deemed resolved.  I was testing driving a 3dcart store, I LOVE it so far, for the $5 more a month it's going to cost me there are far more features, integrated shipping, etc. and I'll be moving my store as well.

Poco has suggested that I get a basic store with ebay to cover photo costs for each of my listings, scheduling, etc. and I may do that in the near future, but right now moving my store, the fiasco last night with Heather closing my account, backing up images, getting them from IF to my PC again, in their folders, etc.  my plate is full and the jello is wiggling off  LOL

I, like Poco and many others, haven't been real happy with all the changes, bugs, glitches, lack of features, features I don't need, but most especially the total lack of communication and the less than helpful, and most times even rude, customer service for some time.  It was time to move on.

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »
Kim you have very valid points. I don't like the way Heather handled the situation and their communication isn't great.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »
Thanks Robin, but I pushed over there at the end, I'm guilty of that.  I felt pushed, I felt as if my needs and others' needs were being pushed to the side and disregarded.  The features we had that worked, didn't anymore or were buggy, support was no help, little got accomplished or even acknowledged, the answers I and others would receive was not true answers to questions but more sales pitch than anything, and I pushed back at the end.

Right now I'm still waiting to see what happens to my "good buddy deal" since Heather cancelled a subscription even being told that that was not what I wanted, that I would just quit using IF and keep my HW account, so I've got my other store together, got everything off the IF site (I got a little concerned last night as well when I'd get the pop up that my token had expired several times so I started backing info up) and then the bottom fell out an hour or so later with Heather.  Maybe I needed the "push" out the door.  Sometimes you find yourself complacent and don't want to do the work to move or are so rushed in your business, etc. that the time is not there, that you stay and accept lower standards than you normally would.

Things happen for a reason, I may not know why this extra work is on my plate when I least need it right now, but I have faith that since one door has closed, a new one will open    :D!

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 11:07:46 AM »
I Twitter'd this discussion in order to have it show up in SEO.
That way those that are looking for help, might be able to get an answer by viewing this thread.
http://www.twitter.com/emerchants
Please ReTweet.

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 11:27:51 AM »
Well the gangs all here.  I had one of the worst nights with ebay and inkfrog. About 2 hours of wasted time.  Ebay called me directly to ask if I had listed an item to my store, which is something I don't normally sell.  Sure enough someone had used my account from inkfrog. Ebay closed down everything, purchases that were being paid for etc, so nothing else could be done in ebay.  After trying to change my password, I couldn't get into my account for quite some time. But...Thank you ebay for being on top of things.  About 3 days ago I was trying to relist an item on inkfrog and received a failure notice that my account was closed. (It was not even my account. It turned out to be an ex ebay customer from China) I asked inkfrog about this and the response was "they didn't know, it never happened before" Couple days later someone is hacking into my ebay account.  I received the cold shoulder from Heather, like I was a dummy or incompetent and brushed me off with exiting with the note problem solved. Then I could not log into my inkfrog account, said they had no name in there listing for me. Had to kiss Heather's
a$$ to get back on and redo the token thing.  My guess would be, that someone has hacked into their system, thus the no forums, no complaint's from customers.  It's a shame I really liked inkfrog even with all the problems, but I'm kind of at a loss now where to go.  What is TL?  I guess keep everything from your customers, they will find a way to communicate, and at a more public arena. They should have just taken the  heat and left the forums open.  Well it's nice to see all of you here, hope we have a better day today. 

becky24343

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »
 :o Yikes!  Now I'm feeling creepy again about having to update my token twice.  Maybe it was a security measure in response to a hacking. 
Our store
Our items on Ebay

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:35 AM »
I'm kind of at a loss now where to go.  What is TL? 

TL = Turbo Lister is eBay's seller tool for listing

I use Auctiva and have for close to six years.

I'm NOT playing fav's or stating which is better, I'm simply stating that I've been satisfied with my choice because it works for me.

Everyone has to make their own choice as to what works best for their business plan.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »
:o Yikes!  Now I'm feeling creepy again about having to update my token twice.  Maybe it was a security measure in response to a hacking. 

When it kept happening to me last night I waited until my final auctions ended and I revoked the token.  I was prompted three times to renew it AFTER I'd been told by Heather than she canceled my profile and canceled my subscription.  It kinda caused me concern and I'm having enough problems already and I'd read that post about that user losing all her listings because of the paypal subscription error he/she got and that Greg had told her that they don't back up our information as it's too expensive     :o

I'm considering a basic store with ebay for my listing needs but for now I'm using TurboLister and having no real problems.  I've just been advised to back up my TL database fairly frequently and I'm getting pretty good at remembering to do that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf