Author Topic: Inkfrog forums?  (Read 47564 times)

hpshu

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Inkfrog forums?
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2010, 10:40:20 AM »
Glad that I found all you guys here. I was the one who mention long time ago that IF looks exactly like SD before its end. I would glad to move my business somewhere else but I can not find anything which will fit my listing process. Auctiva and SSB are not any help for me, but I think some people will do like SSB. Any other suggestions? I am really scary that I will be left along with ebay listing process only.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
UNBELIEVABLE!  I just check my paypal statement and find $14.95 deducted from my account two days after they cancel my store, through a ticket and I have no access to the store and it's offline....I've transferred it to another cart service and it's up and running already....geez does one hand not know what the other is doing here?

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »
OMG Kim..

hechto

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2010, 11:46:18 AM »
He Too Biz, if they charged your PAYPAL account for something you won't get DISPUTE it. If you fund PAYPAL with a credit card, charge back. Greg is very arrogant. He needs some whipping into shape.
Fredd, I have been shown as a banned user since the great debacle. I was one of the customers they cut off and it was their mess up. Even my "son" Blutoman was a banned user.
IF seems to be in its death throes.
I list on Ebay with a store. i am pretty happy.

tinytwister

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
  • Formerly Twisttolife on SD/IF
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
i'm getting that sinking feeling again like right before SD was sold to IF.

could it be that the flashy (yet useless for the most part) new Smart Counters and Smart Lister were created in an attempt to entice a buyer? 

they certainly weren't paying attention to what the subscribers were asking for.

Just exactly the same "sink" that I was feeling, Getshirty.
The timing would be right for the boys to bail out of IF since eBay seems to being giving away more and more of what 3rd parties are offering, plus I really think ebay wants to get rid of templates and basically use an Amazon format.  eBay newbies don't even know to scroll down on an auction (sigh)..

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »
To be fair here that payment MIGHT have been for a trial store a friend was trying out that charged to my paypal because they don't have an account.  That store was cancelled  as they are moving the store to my new cart provider.  They did offer him 50% off for three months though if he went to a paid rather than free store

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2010, 01:40:17 PM »
IF has made comments that they are more then a listing service or something to that affect. I have always agreed with them. Then they got rid of reports which was a huge reason I stayed with them. I also like being able to schedule listings.

I have always been one of their biggest cheerleaders, but anymore I don't like the way they have handled situations and their customers. They want all positive and no negative. If that's the case then they should treat their customers with the same respect. Getting rid of T & H would make be a step in the right direction.

The direction IF is taking is the same as SD when they left their customers high & dry. So why would you hire or be a partner with that kind of person?

I will be staying with them and hope I don't get certain rude people at support to answer my questions.

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2010, 02:14:12 PM »
I've honestly never had a problem with Greg or Tomas...it's that "other" person that answers tickets and is rude and appears to be calling the shots.  That's who made the call with me the other night and when no one else would respond, even after 20+ hours, I decided that perhaps she calls the shots and that was all I needed.  I've always found Greg and Tomas to be pretty fair people, abit on the uncommunicative side where issues with the sites are concerned and sometimes quite slow to answer tickets...which often confused me because they're in a business where customer service should be their highest priority as they're providing a service that requires communication, support and empathy.  I'm not knocking any particular service, as none of them are perfect, none of us are...it just reached a point where the drama, uncertainty of features, lack of needed features, etc. dictated I move on...the deal with H, well that just iced my cake

I think another poster summed it up with "youthful inexperience"...this too shall come, we all get wiser in our years, like it or not

RockyCockatoo

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2010, 04:20:47 PM »
I liked SD while I was there. Never had a problem with the site or with Thomas. When it merged with IF I moved over there. Have yet to have a problem with IF with anything concerning auctions. All of my auctions have smoothly launched.

I liked IF-1 but easily adapted to IF-2 without problem. Some parts of IF-1 were better. Some parts of IF-2 are better. I am staying away from the new crapola for as long as I can. I am a believer in "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" and KISS.

I really liked the "Hopping Place ie Frog Pond" and miss it.  :053   I miss only the word game and the movie quote game in the Chitchat :zz. The help parts were worthwhile and I think they should be restored.

I understand the frustrations of many frogs ???  with iF, especially those guys who are using IF to help run a business as a primary source of income.

There are some who, I think, are overly sensitive and would be better served if they developed a rhinos hide.  :077

Oh well.  :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:27:35 PM by RockyCockatoo »

RockyCockatoo

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2010, 04:25:44 PM »
Toobusy   :)

True about the youth thing. It really is a shame that youth is wasted on the young! They will soon learn that life is a beach! You get sunburned and you die!

Do you know the worst part about getting old?

Getting old!   :h0035
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:28:07 PM by RockyCockatoo »

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2010, 06:25:20 PM »
I miss only the word game and the movie quote game in the Chitchat :zz. The help parts were worthwhile and I think they should be restored.

http://www.auctionsellersmotivators.com/forum/index.php?topic=14321.msg130235;topicseen#msg130235

word game
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »
Same here Rocky about the Hoppin Place..

dmva

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2010, 08:31:49 PM »
I've never had much in the way of problems with the functioning of IF.  Not like some people on the Forums had related.

As to the Compatibility, I'm scared IF will blow it big time in the implementation.  Sergei is apparently the lead developer on this, and I have never known him to get anything straight or right the first time out.  Every time he would answer a support ticket of mine, he NEVER understood what I wanted the first time, and would constantly ask for details that were provided in the first message sent in the ticket.  And I do not attribute the majority of this problem to the language barrier.

While I have only tried Blackthorne to do Compatibility, they have it bass-ackwards.  They have you build your custom list of what cars the part fits (since none of mine are in the eBay "catalog"), by DELETIONS from a list that you originally generate.  Seems to me it should be the other way around.  Build the list by adding pieces, not taking them away.  I sent a personal email to Greg about this, indicating my concern that they get it right, offering some suggestions, etc, and haven't heard back.  While I was only about half expecting a reply, I hope he at least took time to read it.

We shall see...

Dan

queenrob

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2010, 09:16:01 PM »
Could you imagine our DSR's if we didn't communicate with our customers? :laugh:

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2010, 09:35:58 PM »
Dan, try to do a mock listing with TL.  None of my parts are in the ebay catalog either and I found with TL it was very easy...choose the make, choose the year, choose the model.  In my instances my motors will fit from 70-74, I fill in 1970 to 1974, then choose the model and it generates four compatibilities for me, choose another manufacturer, choose the 4 year span, choose the model, it's flawless, very easy.  At least the components I restore when doing compatibility in TL was quite easy.  I ran a few "test" auctions, one with compatibility on the motor and one without and the two weeks running that the same motor had compatibility they sold with over 100 views an 12-20 watchers, the other motor,  10-12 views 2 watchers, no sale.  It does make a difference and I simply couldn't wait for IF to get the compatibility feature working any longer, it was literally costing me sales.

DaveS

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
youthful inexperience ???  does not really explain this type of behavior. Maybe greed might. Whatever, one thing is certain, we are not seeing much that is rational coming from inkfrog or greg, let alone the lackey's like heather. Seems to be  one fiasco after another with the common denominator being greg's bottom line. To hell with the  paying customers. Kinda like ebay itself for that matter. Most of these heavy handed shennanigans by IF defy logic and are made worse by the reasons offered as to why by the owner himself. There is something bad or rotten going on, eventually we will know what that is.
Yes, my listings launch ok with IF, but everything else IF is starting to have a bad smell. Not the same place I signed up to originally, that's certain.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 01:53:01 PM by SouthernJewel.com »

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2010, 03:58:44 AM »
... We thought Greg might have his ship together but  it has been years now from SD to IF, and we keep going back for more @#&%(..not only the forum issue, but I swear they are ADHD and never finish one thing before starting another! Basially, by zapping the forums they are telling us that they do not care what we think nor do they want us to help each other which really is a load off of them.

I have been trying to put my finger on it and you got it!!  ADHD explains everything!!  They hop (pun intended) from one thing to another and never bother to go back and finish anything!

IF works for me, I have learned to deal with the quirks, and figured out my own work arounds for all the things that don't quite work, but gosh darn, I wish I didn't have to do all that!  So much wasted time.  If they would just finish one project and get it working fully before going on to the next I would really be a happy camper.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2010, 06:42:06 AM »
I think they get in over their head, or realize they've hit a brick wall, then move on.

Windows server just could not handle what SD needed to do.  Tomas was supposedly working on upgrading, but we also found that before the merger with IF, he had been working on a completely new program, and couldn't get either working in time ti meet ebaY's deadline.  Once they were working on Apache/Nix servers, suddenly all the image problems disappeared!

When IF was hacked, they had to do something quick. Unfortunately, they picked the worst forum system I've seen since 1980.  Up against another wall, they just dropped it.  Ditto counters and other features missing since IF1.

Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2010, 09:30:47 AM »
Reminder: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS

hpshu

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2010, 09:34:12 AM »
So, do we agree that IF would not fix all those problems which they only promise to fix? Is there any other management site which is more reliable?  I can use SMPro but there is no free schedule and I prefer to be in charge of my pictures too. Did anybody try to move somewhere else?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf