Author Topic: something new coming at Inkfrog  (Read 5183 times)

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
something new coming at Inkfrog
« on: May 30, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »
There's been some teaser-type statement at the top of the log-in page for a week or two, and I just had time to click on it today.  Here's what you get when you click - and it's followed by many many user comments, most of which are guesses about what the "surprise" might be.

I don't have a guess, but I do have a wish - I wish that they're going to give us the ability to list on venues other than ebay.

What is it?

Greg S. May 25

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?  What is this great new "thing" that is coming to inkFrog?

Unfortunately, we can't tell you what it is.  What we can tell you --  It's something that has not been created before.  It is a revolutionary idea that will create a new standard for services like inkFrog.

One thing is for sure, it is something you, as a seller, need!

Coming June 10th!

Please do not post comments here that are negative and/or related to features you want to see in the system.  Negative posts will be deleted.

If you would like to offer some real guesses, we will give you a few hints --

1. It is NOT our "smart counter"  aka "Analytics" (this is releasing too, sometime in June.... and yes, we have been busy bee's!)

2. Bulk editing (outside of globals) is also coming soon, and this is NOT what we are offering here.

3. We are NOT creating another 'auction' site -- We are not in the business of competing with eBay on this level.

4. Other Venue support is also coming in the future, but once again this is NOT revolutionary

Stay tuned for more hints, or tune in June 10th for the unveiling :-) -- or continue trying to guess.

eotrg

• Global Moderator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Deborah
    • View Profile
    • EOTRG which means End Of The Rainbow Gifts!
Re: something new coming at Inkfrog
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 05:57:27 PM »
I've been seeing that with every new item that I listed for the past week or so, and I clicked on it then. I still am wondering also!
Deborah
"I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." ~ Martha Washington
http://stores.ebay.com/End-of-the-Rainbow-Gifts
http://www.amazon.com/shops/eotrg

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »
I know what I'm hoping for ... but it's doubtful that's what it is.

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:34:14 PM »
OP - did you read #4?
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »
I just hope it isn't going to include a price increase and/or more things that are beta and don't quite work right.  Rather than more whiz bang bells and whistles, I wish they would seriously look at the requests forum and do/fix some of the things people are actually asking for!

Not so sure about the childish "Guess what it is!" stuff.  You would think if it is that game changing they would want the word out as soon as possible.  That kind of tells me it isn't quite working so they are keeping it under wraps till the launch. Just a little frustrated that basic things aren't working and they are playing with new stuff instead.

golddustwoman

• Founding Member
  • Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
  • "Rock On Gold Dust Woman"
    • View Profile
    • Enchanted Jewelry & Collectibles
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 11:18:17 PM »
I just hope it isn't going to include a price increase and/or more things that are beta and don't quite work right.

I'm thinking the same thing. I also hope I don't log in on June 10 only to find out that the entire system has been changed...yet again...

Jackie :011

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 12:12:17 AM »
I'm thinking the same thing. I also hope I don't log in on June 10 only to find out that the entire system has been changed...yet again...

Jackie :011

I'm thinking I am going to do a sync with TL on the 9th just to be sure I have the most current stuff saved safely.

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 12:24:16 AM »
OP - did you read #4?

Yep.  But since vague promises have resulted in anything from nothing to more vague promises, some of which have results and some of which...don't, I figure it's okay to wish for anything.

becky24343

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 08:49:47 AM »
I just hope it isn't going to include a price increase and/or more things that are beta and don't quite work right.  Rather than more whiz bang bells and whistles, I wish they would seriously look at the requests forum and do/fix some of the things people are actually asking for!
They trumpeted the "new inventory module" for a while.  When it came, it was just that you could see your stock levels in little yellow boxes in the library...big whoop.  I posted and asked if that was all there was, and Greg said that more was coming.  I'd like to hope for that since inventory linking in version 2.0 is twice as long as before! 

Sadly, this reminds me of Ebay rolling out the March 30 changes with the line "lowest listing fees ever."

Not so sure about the childish "Guess what it is!" stuff.  You would think if it is that game changing they would want the word out as soon as possible.  That kind of tells me it isn't quite working so they are keeping it under wraps till the launch. Just a little frustrated that basic things aren't working and they are playing with new stuff instead.
I really did a fist pump to the poster who said that this is not a game for us, it's life!  I sometimes think these programming and design people forget that while they're playing at their keyboards creating bells and whistles.

I hope it's something good and useful but I don't want to get my hopes up too high!   :?
WT Collectibles Die-cast cars!
Our store
Our items on Ebay

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »
Just a little frustrated that basic things aren't working and they are playing with new stuff instead.

That certainly seems to be a pattern, doesn't it?

I loved JandT'sMadness one word response:

"One thing is for sure, it is something you, as a seller, need!"

Buyers

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf