Author Topic: Inkfrog forum appears poofed  (Read 8257 times)

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Inkfrog forum appears poofed
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »

since I had a bad experience with another auction management site a few years ago when it went out of business without any notice.  :-(  I'd hate for that to happen again!

I was with ya Girl, remember?  :h0161

TxRed

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 09:14:28 AM »
I was with ya Girl, remember?  :h0161
Yes you were, Stone.  And you were the one who told me about IF, so that was a good thing, since I like them a lot better.  :h0035

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 01:27:17 PM »
Having the forums overrun with a few bad eggs is not something we will tolerate.

I've got no dog in this fight but wouldn't that mean it'd be easier to simply remove the few bad eggs?

What they mean -- and other companies do the same thing -- is they prefer the public didn't see many of the problems the company's customers are having with either the product or changes to the product.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 05:26:37 PM »
Removing bad eggs requires reading all posts, then making a decision.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »
Moderating all parts of the site that represent the company, what a wacky idea!

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Starry Night Web Design
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 06:08:55 AM »
Forums that come with a service such as IF are a place where a customer would naturally go to seek knowledge or help about that service.

I remember waaaaaay back when I sold on ebay and signed up with SD. I was appalled not only by what I read on those forums but also by the treatment I got when posting for help. After 2 posting attempts in the general forums I learned to keep my mouth shut there and only spoke up in the Custom Template Resource Center where people treated each other respectfully.

Now, I have never (since SD was purchased by IF) been an IF customer so I don't know if the issues with the forum were anything like the old SD but if they want to eradicate that type of nonsense and create a decent, professional atmosphere that  fosters trust and confidence in their clients, then I applaud that.

Just make sure the service does the same. You can't muzzle the people who have genuine gripes about the service but not do anything about the issues. They will find some other place to gather and discuss what is bothering them. Get the horse healthy before you worry about the cart.

:deadhorse

Here, on the other hand, is a refreshing approach to a service-related forum:
http://feedback.stickybits.com/forums/44191-website-related

They actually LISTEN to the suggestions being made and respond to issue with real answers that let you know they appreciate the input and care about your user experience.
www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 06:29:55 AM »
When users have access to a forum, and can not get help from the manufacturer, it should come as no surprise that they'll gripe on the forum.  Think SD.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »
When users have access to a forum, and can not get help from the manufacturer, it should come as no surprise that they'll gripe on the forum.  Think SD.

Spot on! 

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
That's what happens on any forum that is not moderatored all the time.
They seem to want it to be a seller helpping seller forum BUT they also want to control everything said.
Tomas has never wanted anyone but himself to control HIS space.  But at the same time he didn't want to control it either. 
Didn't this same think happen with the posh points site he was involved with too?

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

DaveS

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 08:08:13 AM »
I've got no dog in this fight but wouldn't that mean it'd be easier to simply remove the few bad eggs?

What they mean -- and other companies do the same thing -- is they prefer the public didn't see many of the problems the company's customers are having with either the product or changes to the product.

God forbid they either fix the problems or at the very least address them with something other than, "It's your  browser"

This is strictly about control, it's not a featureless forum software for no reason. Don't want to hear any grumping over the fictitious "introductory" insurance program. It's always nice to create a windfall for the biz at the same time you cut service.

Eggzactly! Most of the gripes are about the schoolyard programming that go unanswered from IF. Posted out of sheer frustration! it was a good thing there were some members that are considerate enough to help others for free.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf