Author Topic: InkFrog releases Multi Sku - and much more  (Read 7369 times)

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
InkFrog releases Multi Sku - and much more
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:02:46 AM »
Received in e-mail this a.m.

inkFrog now has Multi Sku & more!
Many of you have been waiting for the ability to list Multi Sku Variations to eBay directly through inkFrog. We are very excited to let you know that inkFrog now supports this great feature.

Multi Sku - Not all listers are created equal.
Not all Multi Sku listers are created equal. Creating a Multi Sku listing can be a chore when listing directly with eBay or other third parties, and can take longer than building an entire listing from scratch.  Luckily, inkFrog has come to the rescue once again. We have created the fastest and most convenient way to list Multi Sku listings. Our Multi Sku options stay on one page, in an excel type format, allowing you to create variations and combinations extremely quickly and with ease.

What is Multi Sku?
If you are not familiar with Multi Sku Variations, it's a way to list multiple variations of items into a single eBay listing. For example, Lets say you have 3 large, blue shirts, and 4 small, red shirts. You can list these in different variation combinations and prices, and allow your buyer to purchase these specific items directly from within your single eBay item page.

& yes we have more.
Along with this new, great feature comes some enhancements to your library.  Over the next few months we will be combining our library and inventory sections into one single unit. This will allow you to manage and track your inventory directly from inside your library, and will allow us to build some great tools to help you manage your listings more efficiently.  We have released phase I of this feature. To see how the library/inventory tracking works, you must tie your listing to an inventory item and save it to the library.  Once this item is listed, you will then be able to track the inventory for this item directly from inside the library section. We will be releasing many more enhancements to this in the coming months, as well as many other inventory features.

We are very excited about the above releases, but we have much more coming in the upcoming months. Stay tuned for emails like this one with some more great feature annoucements. As always, we continuously strive to ensure you work smarter,  and not harder.

becky24343

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: InkFrog releases Multi Sku - and much more
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:32:40 AM »
Still quite buggy; I gather we are doing the beta testing on the upgrade.   :?

I don't use the multi-SKU so that was unnecessary for me.  The worst part is that they have made the WYSIWYG view the default, and the code people are peeved.  To make things even worse, something in the system has changed parts of people's saved code!  I'm having a separate display issue because of my small monitor, but I'm the only dinosaur left, so that won't be an issue for anybody else.

Quite a bit of grumbling this morning over there!
WT Collectibles Die-cast cars!
Our store
Our items on Ebay

dyar

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • http://synchronicity.ecrater.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 02:24:57 PM »
We are very excited about the above releases, but we have much more coming in the upcoming months.

Why do I feel a Fee increase is in the works?

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »
you're used to dealing with ebaY?
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

getshirtey

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »
Why do I feel a Fee increase is in the works?

With EBAY now giving so many free photos i think it would be a huge mistake for them to raise prices at this point.
Please visit my Online Stores
 http://getshirteyvintage.com
   http://getshirteykids.com

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »
Everyone one of those clicks on images = $ in their pocket.

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 02:14:59 AM »
I find it totally annoying the the title of the listing is now about a third of the way down the page! After the listing type, after the category, after the item specifics!  I can't see any reason why the order of the page had to be changed.

I too have no use for inventory or sku as my items are ooak.  Not being into html the wysiwyg being the default saves me one click in the very click intensive process IF2 has become.  But I do sympathize with the html people having their code messed with in the process of switching to html.  It isn't just the one extra click for them (the one I have been doing all along).  IF should have it available to set as a preference which you want as a default.

I was actually writing listings last night when the switch happened.  I finished one and scheduled it, got up to refill the adult beverage....  came back to start another and the listing page was all out of order!  I thought at first something had gone haywire with my computer (sorry couldn't resist!).  Then I remembered the notice that the sku update was coming and thought I should just quit for the night as it was probably going to get worse before it got better....

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 04:44:32 AM »
multi-SKRU?

becky24343

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 08:47:10 AM »
 :laugh:  at Fredd--that's a good one!!

I actually came back to post that they are working on the bugs and I'm back to business as usual with my listings!   :D!

I have no use for multi-SKU but I do use the inventory, although I gather that they are not through upgrading it.  I openly confess that I still do some of my inventory work in IF 1.0 because there is a step missing in 2.0 for searching within folders.  Having the inventory in the library is not a big deal to me but I imagine I will get more used to it.

Anyhow, I just wanted to come back and update my whiny post from yesterday... it is looking better!!
Becky 
WT Collectibles Die-cast cars!
Our store
Our items on Ebay

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 09:24:52 AM »
Thanks, Becky.
It's always good to see you posting.

My3Gz-LiliMoM

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 04:25:53 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this ....... but received this EMAIL today from INKFROG ....

Hi, Lili ,
You are receiving this email because you have in the past and/or currently use our discounted shipping insurance. You've discovered that our insurance saves you a huge amount of money, eliminates claims hassle, and offers complete peace of mind!

Thanks for being part of our pilot program!
Our insurance was released under a pilot program which offered incredible pricing to our members. We were able to offer this pricing for many months while we gathered data and worked with our insurance provider. As the pilot program is now complete, we have a great understanding of your insurance coverage needs, claims activity, as well as the and costs involved with supporting and developing our insurance program. We are extremely happy that we were able to offer you such a low rate for such a long period of time. However, going forward, we must raise our insurance rates in order to continue providing you the service and new features that make our insurance coverage the best value out there.

Starting April 1st, 2010, our introductory pricing will no longer be available. Domestic insurance rates will go up from $0.55 to $0.99 per $100 of coverage. International rates will go up from $0.75 to $1.25 per $100 of coverage. We will also be requiring that your insurance account balance and payments are non-refundable. This pricing is still the lowest pricing available and is an incredible value.

I want to thank you for making our insurance program such a great success. We will be continuously improving our software, insurance coverage, and our support going forward. You can expect to see more options and coverage soon. We also want you to know that we have already added discounted UPS insurance at a great price of just $0.60 per $100 (after the first $100 which is included by UPS). You can add this insurance the same way you currently add USPS insurance - simply choose UPS as your shipping method when you add the insurance to an item.

If you currently have a balance in your insurance account, you can continue insuring as much as you need at your current pricing until April 1st. As of April 1st, the rates will shift to the new pricing structure.

Thanks again for using inkFrog and making us one of the most trusted and used third party listing companies.

Sincerely,
Greg Sisung
President
inkFrog, inc.
[/size]

Had me all confused to start with ..... thought it was from ShipSurance .......... then realized that it was really InkFrog  ............ funny thing no one remembers that this Insurance Service was EVER INTRODUCED as a PILOT PROGRAM ..... OR A TEST OUT to see what the market would bear for rates.  :poke

Edit to Add: Seems the forums over on InkFrog are not functioning (at least for me) ..... I hope this is just a hiccup and that it has not gone POOF .... with a reformat like HighWire .......   :?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 05:07:33 AM by My3Gz-LiliMoM »
Mighty Proud GemBuster & Ready to C.H.A.R.M.
(Consumers Have Advocates for Responsible Marketing) My3G'z InkFrog Gallery
EBay ID = My3Geezzz  http://my3gz.mybisi.com/

Oaksmere

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 05:59:55 AM »
Edit to Add: Seems the forums over on InkFrog are not functioning (at least for me) ..... I hope this is just a hiccup and that it has not gone POOF .... with a reformat like HighWire .......   :?
inkfrog.com seems to have gone off air.

Only thumbnails are visible in eBay listings.

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 06:47:32 AM »
As far as I can tell only the forum is down.  I spot checked a bunch of my listings and everything looks OK photos all there etc.  The forum and IF site itself are two totally different entities, maybe it is maintenance time for the forums?   

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 07:32:51 AM »
As far as I can tell only the forum is down.  I spot checked a bunch of my listings and everything looks OK photos all there etc.     

Same here.

Their forums have gone down before, sometimes for a couple of days at a time.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 08:09:40 AM »
both seem OK now.