Author Topic: Shipworks and Amazon plus Magento and T-Hub  (Read 3384 times)

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Shipworks and Amazon plus Magento and T-Hub
« on: July 14, 2009, 01:48:25 AM »
I was just doing some googling on t-hub (at first was to see if could find a way to print packing slip and dazzle postage on same sheet and that evolved into a search on differences between shipworks and t-hub) and ended up stumbling across this:

from link to google cache of an interapptive.com forum thread
ShipWorks downloads all orders from Amazon, regardless of their status. There is not a setting in ShipWorks to modify this. If an order is cancelled on Amazon, you would need to notate that in ShipWorks. You can right click on an order in ShipWorks and adjust the local status as needed.

In other words, if an order is cancelled by the seller, the buyer, or by amazon, shipworks downloads it as an active order that needs to be fullfilled.

Now, this thread is from 2007, so it should hopefully be fixed by now.  BUT there was an update posted in March of 2008 and the issue was still not resolved.  So, I thought I'd post this so that people using shipworks and Amazon can check it out and make sure theyre not shipping out cancelled orders.

Worth mentioning,  in Magento commerce (and most likely other cart software due to the way paypal handles checkout) when a person drops out of the payment process during paypal checkout without completing the payment, Magento shows it as "Paypal Pending". And, as a result, Atandra T-Hub downloads the order as an active order and shows it as "PayPal Pending".  The first time that happened to me I didnt realize what it meant and went ahead and shipped.  Luckily it was a small order (under $50), so no huge loss.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:53:26 AM by WayOutWest »

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
Re: Shipworks and Amazon plus Magento and T-Hub
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:09:21 AM »
Shipworks still downloads all orders that have been submitted to the merchant.   It will download those that have also been cancelled by the merchant.    (We learned this the hard way Christmas 2007.)     I don't believe that it downloads orders that have been cancelled by the customer or Amazon while still pending.   

We have set up a local order label in Shipworks - cancelled - and orders marked cancelled fall out of our "to be shipped" queue.     Provided they actually get marked.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf