Author Topic: Ink Frog users -- I have questions  (Read 5112 times)

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
Ink Frog users -- I have questions
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:42:29 PM »
I know BISI was hoping that some day a listing created in InkFrog would be able to upload to BISI

Anyone know if this is possible yet?

What's the good, bad and ugly about InkFrog?

With the new offer of BISI free and InkFrog price lock for 3 years, I am thinking about this move.

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
Re: Ink Frog users -- I have questions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »
Another question:

Does Inkfrog's monthly fee cover multiple eBay IDs or is it $10 per ID?

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:58:54 PM »
http://www.inkfrog.com/inkfrog_vs_auctiva.php
mentions something called GoolePay -- is that a typo? should it be Google Checkout or is that something else that's new in the ever changing world?
You can see it if you put your mouse over FREE e-Commerce Store

Does Inkfrog's monthly fee cover multiple eBay IDs or is it $10 per ID?

On that same page it says -
inkFrog allows you to use multiple eBay ID's with one single inkFrog account. With Auctiva, this would require multiple accounts and even more fees!

if you put your mouse over Muliple eBay ID Support

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

flightoffancy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Web Designs
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:14:15 PM »
Supposedly exporting from inkFrog into BISI is now available. I've seen a few issues crop up on the forums about this but don't personally use it so I can't give you more info.

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 06:19:12 PM »
Since one InkFrog account can support multiple ebay accounts can it support multiple BISI stores?

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 06:21:27 PM »
I know BISI was hoping that some day a listing created in InkFrog would be able to upload to BISI

Anyone know if this is possible yet?

No.  And as far as I'm concerned, that's really the only "ugly" you get with IF, and I wouldn't kvetch about that if they hadn't promised it to us over a year ago.  It's why I haven't activated my BISI store - I was waiting to be able to upload to BISI the same way I upload to ebay.  Not happening.

And I guess that would lead right in to my only other complaint about IF - they don't always follow through on promised timelines.  Of course no timeline is 100% accurate, but it does seem as though there are more misses than hits, and sometimes things just don't happen at all (reference the paragraph above).

Other than that, I love IF.   I've used many third-party listers over the last 13+ years and they are the best by far.

@ Rick - one monthly fee covers multiple IDs (unless they've changed it and I haven't heard about it).

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »
Thanks, BT and Gypsum Moon!

flightoffancy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Web Designs
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 08:18:15 PM »
I was referencing this thread on the BISI forum when I gave my answer. According to the OP and Tomas bulk import/export to BISI from inkFrog was released.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »
IF forums are public, so you can ask over there.

http://community.inkfrog.com/index.php
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 02:30:16 AM »
IF forums are public, so you can ask over there.

http://community.inkfrog.com/index.php

You can't ask without registering and I don't want to register if I can't find my answers. It's a circle!  lol Registering means I would have to sign up and pay $9.95 - for what - to ask questions? that's crazy!

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 06:48:28 AM »
I'm not paying and I post all the time.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »
Yes, they did come up with a way to import listings to BISI, but it's not what was originally promised, which was a way to launch ready-to-go listings the same way it can be done with ebay.  The import feature is cumbersome and full of bugs, and any references to ebay, or any details that have to be changed in the listing due to differences in the two selling venues, have to be changed manually in each listing.  All of the templates are still set up with everything ebay.

I know that there are a handful of ebay powersellers who are still very disappointed and unhappy with the whole thing. 

I don't visit the IF forums much at all anymore, so perhaps some of the cumbersome buggy glitches have been worked out of the import feature.  Maybe Stone will weigh in on this topic - I know that he was quite vocal about wanting IF to follow through on their original promise.

And something else - I don't think that anybody at IF intentionally misled any of us - I think that they just get so darn busy and sidetracked with other, and sometimes new, issues & ventures, that this fell by the wayside.  I do believe that their intentions are good, and that they honestly do put looking out for the clients at the top of their priorities.  Again - JMO.

shellyg

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Candy Bar Wrappers
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 12:15:59 AM »
Attended the webinar today & it did not look that hard to upload to BISI from IF.  We will be setting up IF tomorrow & giving it a try.  Since we get a free store for 2 years ... why not try it.  We are paying the $9.95 either way.
http://www.candybarwrap.com  Custom Candy Bar Wrappers for All Occasions.  Birthday, Bridal, Holidays ... Any Day!  Party Favors your Guests will remember!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf