Author Topic: Nice Try Auctiva  (Read 3560 times)

sharkypete

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • International Know It All!
    • View Profile
Nice Try Auctiva
« on: June 10, 2009, 04:17:52 AM »
I just got this email

Dear nycbooks:

First of all, I would like to start out by saying that as Auctiva's founder and CEO, I am very sorry and humbly apologize for any frustration and anxiety we caused you to experience about the future of your business over the past week and a half. I know that these recent events have greatly upset our community and I take full responsibility for that. I am asking you to give me a chance to make it right.

Flat Rate Pricing
Auctiva is officially moving to flat monthly pricing: $9.95/mo. everything included

1GB Image Hosting
A Faster, Easier-To-Use One-page Lister
Bigger Supersized Images
Better-looking Templates
eBay's Most Popular Scrolling Gallery
Free Scheduling
24/7 Customer Support
plus all of our other time and money saving tools

In addition to our Standard flat rate plan, we have a special Starter flat rate plan for ultra-casual sellers: $2.95/mo., up to 15 listings, 500MB image hosting.

Why Change Now?
Since we first announced our new pricing structure, I've been listening to the community's concerns. Considering the frank feedback you've provided, through email, surveys, customer support cases, our community messages boards and other forums, a few facts are abundantly clear:

You'd prefer a simple, no-surprises flat-rate pricing structure.
You don't want to pay any additional FVFs.
You want image hosting included.
Your margins are tight.

If you are asking yourself, "Why didn't they just use this pricing in the beginning?" the answer is that I thought our customers would like to have the choice of picking a tailored plan based on usage. Clearly, I was wrong.

All too often, large companies fail to listen to their customers. Auctiva's brightest future includes the users who brought us this far. I am making this change now so you can get back to doing business. I sincerely hope that this pricing change allows you continue using the tools you have come to depend on.

If you have already chosen a plan and want to switch to one of the new flat rate plans, just go back and choose a new one. If you like the plan you already picked and want to stay on it, we will support that too. If you still only want to use our free marketing tools, that is still available as well. If you would like one-on-one help for any reason, contact our Customer Support team.

Thank you for your business, loyalty and understanding.

Sincerely,

Jeff Schlicht—CEO, Auctiva Corporation

SELL MORE      KEEP IN TOUCH      F.Y.I.     

Privacy Policy 

Terms of Service 

This email was sent to you
by Auctiva.

Visit your Auctiva account preferences if you would like to change your settings.

Nice try.

Jeff: OK guys since we're going to start charging people to use the service lets first charge a ridiculously high price, then when everyone gets pissed off because all of a sudden we want to switch from a free service to a pay service we send a mass email saying we cut the price in hald because we listened to their concerns.

Auctiva board room kiss asses: Yeah yeah good idea, slurp slurp.

I Am The Man From Nantucket.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
Re: Nice Try Auctiva
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 09:56:48 AM »
Tell us how you really feel.

Aside from not liking auctive or stinkfrog.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

sharkypete

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »
why call it anything else? I'd do the same thing if I were in auctiva's shoes.  The way everyone cries when ebay raises prices what have they got to lose? Well except most of their customers. I think this may have back fired. Even the new plan sucks.

sharkypete

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 05:14:31 AM »
PS I have been using the turbo sh!tter, it's not that bad so far. Except that I can't schedule. I created 45 listing in 4 hours and that was inbetween phone calls with my moms doctors, and all  kinds of distractions, like naps and eating chinese food. I like auctiva, have issues with the small amount of picture space they want to give for $10 a month. But I do think they planned their price reduction scheme way before they announced that they were going to be a pay service.

Yeah I know the turbo sh!tter allows you to schedule listings but I am not paying for that. That is why I can't schedule listings.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf