Author Topic: Auctiva Goes To Flat Monthly Rate  (Read 5974 times)

gypsymart

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Auctiva Goes To Flat Monthly Rate
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:24:22 AM »

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
Re: Auctiva Goes To Flat Monthly Rate
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:52:26 AM »
BTPS will be glad to hear this....
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:55:10 AM »
BTPS will be glad to hear this....
You crazy?
They are idiots! 
How could they not have thought this through BEFORE making the announcement in the first place.
Now that everyone is jumping ship, spent countless hours copy & pasting and moving stuff - NOW they want to be reasonable.  I find that funny as hell and hope everyone does what they had planned to and moves on.
I already wasted too much time on them.  Their support is a jump since this first announcement.  Tell me to use the wizard to delete images, then tell me not to use the wizard, then tell me it should be ok but no guarantees - LMAO! 

I'm waiting for a phone call and dreaming about something much better for all online sellers!

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Starry Night Web Design
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:49:23 AM »
I guess their marketing strategy was to hit 'em hard with a price so outrageous as to make $9.95 for something that isn't even a selling venue sound like a bargain.

People griped when BISI started charging $9.95, but at least along with image hosting and *listing* storage, you get a stand alone venue capable of collecting your payments. Not to mention bulk import/export.

IMO, for what you get, it's still too much $. It's twice the price of the average web hosting starter package.

www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:12 AM »
I guess their marketing strategy was to hit 'em hard with a price so outrageous as to make $9.95 for something that isn't even a selling venue sound like a bargain.

Yeah, and many predicted this outcome. If that was the plan then that's crappy customer relations at best. If it wasn't the plan then it's crappy business at best. Either way, I'm betting they still lose a ton of customers.

Jeff constantly repeated that they couldn't afford to go to a plan that was competitive.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »
I don't get it...not at all.

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 09:52:52 AM »
Neither do I.

If Auctiva can exist on the flat rate of $9.95 a month, why didn't they go there first, before alienating much of their core customer base? 

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 10:06:33 AM »
As with the previous plans, questions still have to be asked.

Is the monthly fee per eBay account?
Is the new flat rate locked in for any period of time (as it is with their competition)?

No answer for either of these yet in that thread and they're pretty good questions.

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 10:16:20 AM »
If Auctiva can exist on the flat rate of $9.95 a month, why didn't they go there first, before alienating much of their core customer base? 

Yep, and if they originally needed more money than could be gotten from a competitive flat rate then what happens in the coming year? That revenue has to come from somewhere, right?

VintageSilver

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »
Sadly, seems like owner's remorse to me.  When I price a product too high and lose customers - I either had a good reason, or I've made a costly mistake.  Auctiva is no different.  But to backtrack now seems like a mistake of a higher order.  Credibility is worth $$$ in my book as well.   :?

As Donna stated, I don't get it... not at all.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »
I've been thinking on this...

My first inclination upon readin the email this morning...was that if I wanted to get rid of a certain segment/type of client by their own accord/choice to leave, then I would hike that price to where there would be nothing else to be done but find the service elsewhere.

To make the process faster instead of having those that would waffle thinking oh I can pay this for a few months till I figure something out...I'd add a wizard which would speed up the process.

I imagine that the number is pretty high of clients on Auctiva's servers that are just using them as a holding place for their images and info.

Auctiva houses their data on their own servers and doesn't use another means to host images/info.

When all is said and done and the dust clears, Auctiva will more than likely have the client base that they predicted would stay.

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »
I imagine that the number is pretty high of clients on Auctiva's servers that are just using them as a holding place for their images and info.

Well, the kink in that theory is that unlimited image hosting was $19.95 on the plans they've scrapped and it's more expensive on the new plan ($9.95 includes 1GB, plus $9.95 for every 500MB thereafter). More expensive for the real space hogs anyway.

The good news (for me) is that they still have a free plan that includes data so old listings can be kept indefinitely (theoretically) sans images.

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 05:08:37 PM »
Just tell me how much and STOP changing it!

Yes, this flat rate lowered prices for some BUT it upped prices for others.

Auctiva, my head is spinning!

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
For what it's worth,Auctiva Kevin K says:

Yes, these pricing plans are locked for one year and we have no plans to change anything from the current pricing and plans available.

http://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=196105921&m=138106541&r=142106641#142106641

Still no answer as to whether or not the monthly fee is per user or per eBay ID.

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
Still no answer as to whether or not the monthly fee is per user or per eBay ID.
I been told - time and time again
that you can not have one Auctiva account feeding to more then one ebay account -- which I know is BS because I do it!
You can do it as long as the ebay account was never attached to a different auctiva log in.  That creates an issue with Auctiva and they can but don't like to fix it for their users.  I'm begging them right now to do it but making no progress.  They say it can't be done which I know is a lie because they did it for me before.

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 07:54:54 PM »
http://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=196105921&m=138106541&r=626108641#626108641

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. For the time being, you would be able to use all of your Auctiva accounts by only paying this fee once. However, we do plan on making it so users with multiple accounts will pay a small additional fee for each account. This update is still 6-12 months away however. Based on the discussions I've heard so far, I suspect it will only be a couple dollars additional. If you let me know the usernames of all your Auctiva accounts and which plan you would like to select, I'll make sure to combine them in our system so you will only be charged for one of the accounts. If you have any other questions about this, please let me know, and I'll be happy to continue assisting you.

Sincerely, Auctiva Support

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »
I got the "Time Is Running Out" e-mail this morning from Auctiva. Actually, I'd already received it about two hours earlier except the subject line was "hard sell test". Oops!

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
I got the "Time Is Running Out" e-mail this morning from Auctiva. Actually, I'd already received it about two hours earlier except the subject line was "hard sell test". Oops!
:0240 Oops is right!!!

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 05:38:38 AM »

You mean you got TWO and I didn't even get one?  danh, how unfair is that.
Lord knows I have 3 accounts I use and several others.  but no one email
I feel forgotten

Last email I received was 6/23 and the subject was
Flat Rates Make Returning to Auctiva Easy
keep in mind I haven't LEFT
but I can return, LMAO

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf