Author Topic: Burnt Potato Chips never die...  (Read 864 times)

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Starry Night Web Design
Burnt Potato Chips never die...
« on: June 07, 2009, 01:23:49 PM »
They just get bagged by J. Higgs and sold to Save-A-Lot

Note to self: don't get chips there again.

You know how you get a bag of brand name chips and there might be a couple burnt ones? Well this bag is that bag's evil twin and polar opposite. I can't find one that's not.

www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

VintageSilver

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Burnt Potato Chips never die...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:33:22 PM »
Oh no - I'd be taking them back to the store!   ::)

wahm922

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:01:12 PM »
I don't normally eat chips but if I do it HAS to be the "Dark and Crunchy" ones!

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
I'm considering saving these for my sister. She likes the burnt ones.

I don't normally eat chips either, D, but yesterday, after trying to do "economy shopping" all over town, Save-A-Lot was my last stop for a few things and I impulse bought them because I was starving. I only ate 3 chips, after digging around to find them, and I'm disappointed that I let myself buy them to begin with.

I've been doing pretty good lately with my diet and I guess I thought a cheap splurge was deserved. Serves me right. God is laughing at me. Funny joke!
www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • southernjewelstreasures
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »
So sorry to hear that Jeri.
My husband buys the below brand specifically because they are dark on purpose.
Cape Cod Dark Russet Potato Chips

Old Fashioned Kettle Cooked. Thank you for buying our unique potato chips made with real Russet potatoes. The chips inside this bag cook darker than others potato chips , but don't worry they're not burnt. Russet potatoes unlike their round white cousins contains higher amount of sugar and when cooked carefully will produced a darker, more robust chip that maintains that integrity of the potato.
Donna - www.southernjewelsfabfinds.com

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be? - Marianne Williamson -

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »
Cape Cod  :up :up :up

It's the only brand hubby will eat - the kettle-cooking does it for him.  And they have some wonderful flavors - although the plain russet is my favorite.

I do my best to stay away from chips - they are a trap for me, I love them - salty and crunchy, can't beat that combination with a stick  :P

And shopping while starving is a potentially fatal situation for me - I keep string cheese, almonds, and beef jerky in the car, so I can munch while I walk if necessary.  Otherwise, EVERYTHING wants to jump into my cart - the nastier it is, the harder it tries to get in there  :-[

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »
Yeah, those chips jumped right in there. I'm usually the BEST I know at avoiding impulse purchases while grocery shopping. I make a list, I stick to it, and I have even been known to rethink the list and put some stuff back. That bag just got me at a moment when I was ticked off at having to be so freaking careful with the money all the time. Next time I "treat" myself it's not going to be while shopping in Save-A-Lot. LOL (Actually that was a huge player in the justification process -- "What?? I can't even splurge on a Save-A-Lot purchase?? Am I not worth even THAT??")

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf