Author Topic: Unlimited Auctiva Image hosting $19.95  (Read 7752 times)

shellyg

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Candy Bar Wrappers
Unlimited Auctiva Image hosting $19.95
« on: June 04, 2009, 01:14:15 AM »
Don't know if this was posted.... I looked but could not see it.  So forgive me if reposting (or toss me out on the street LOL)
$19.95 / month for unlimited image hosting

http://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/196105921/m/215103031

Bulk image deleting (to clean out old files):
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/landing.aspx

http://www.candybarwrap.com  Custom Candy Bar Wrappers for All Occasions.  Birthday, Bridal, Holidays ... Any Day!  Party Favors your Guests will remember!

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
Re: Unlimited Auctiva Image hosting $19.95
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 04:28:45 AM »

Bulk image deleting (to clean out old files):
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/landing.aspx

Do you have old images in your account that you’re not using?
Use our Image Deletion Wizard to safely and easily delete the old, unused images that are cluttering your account.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not post your listings through Auctiva, we do not recommend the use of this wizard. Images in listings not posted through Auctiva will be deleted using this wizard without any warning.
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Starry Night Web Design
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 07:26:36 AM »
I don't see where $20/mo is any kind of bargain. You can get the same thing with any hosting company for $5/mo.

If you need an organizational tool for your images just use one of the many open source (= free) image galleries out there with your own web hosting.

$20/mo sounds way too steep if you ask me.
www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:00:32 AM »
It's not a bargain unless you have images hosted there already and don;thave thousands of dollars worth of time to move them.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:01:51 AM »
Both VERY good points Jeri and BF.

signsintime

• Advanced Seller
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Starry Night Web Design
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 11:12:24 AM »
Do people really just keep their images in a place like Auctiva without any kind of backup file on their hard drive? I learned a long time ago not to trust that sort of setup. What would happen if there was a fire where their servers are or some other situation that's out of your control?

Heck, I don't even trust my hard drive to be my only backup. I have everything on thumb drives as well.

If you only have pics on Auctiva and thousands of them, then I guess Auctiva can get away with charging that sort of ransom and people will feel they have no alternative but to pay.

Personally, I'd rather give a kid a summer job paying them a pittance to right-click/save every single one of my images until I got them the heck out of there.

My 10-year-old needs work if anyone wants to hire him. He can right click with the best of them.  :0240
www.starrynightwebdesign.com ~ Highwire and Themes & Services • Custom Web Design

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »
With something like Auctiva (or Inkfrog, Turbolister, etc.) I think the larger issue is the convenience of having both the pics and their accompanying listings together both for reference and for relisting when needed. I know I often refer to my old listing descriptions to help create new listings for the same items.

But you're right, in the context of choosing an image host, $20 bucks a month is steep.

shellyg

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Candy Bar Wrappers
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 02:18:08 AM »
I have all my photos on my computer ... so that's not a problem... HOWEVER, I went thru & deleted photos from listings I haven't listed in a while & know I can pull up from my puter quickly.  But I realized ...  1 mg is approx 20 or so photos.  SO no matter which package you choose... you will get hit for additional image hosting if you list 20(ish) with 1 photo.  Quite a racket there   :(

http://www.candybarwrap.com  Custom Candy Bar Wrappers for All Occasions.  Birthday, Bridal, Holidays ... Any Day!  Party Favors your Guests will remember!

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 03:06:34 AM »
Yep, even if you optimize your photos for the web before uploading, by reducing number of colors to 256 and reducing dpi to 96 or 72 (which most folks dont seem to do), it doesnt take long to rack up 1 meg.

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:36:40 AM »
All I know is I deleted over 500 images that I knew or at least hoped were no longer attached to saved listings within Auctiva ... and it did not put a dent in the number the Auctiva is showing I have for MB used.  Thought maybe I could get down a level, lol

So in my case it seems that 1 MB is ALOT.  I deleted 500 images and my number only dropped by 10 MB. 
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf