Author Topic: Vendio free store? eBay and Amazon?  (Read 3386 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • southernjewelsfabfinds
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
Vendio free store? eBay and Amazon?
« on: March 04, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »
This was brought to my attention this morning...Has anyone done any research?

Vendio Free Store includes Amazon and eBay listings

Vendio lets you reach buyers where they are shopping, without forcing you to learn a different interface for each channel. Whether you are a seasoned online sales veteran, or the next ecommerce success story, Vendio makes it easy to build and run your online business no matter where your buyers shop.

Donna - www.southernjewelsfabfinds.com

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be? - Marianne Williamson -

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • southernjewelsfabfinds
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
Re: Vendio free store? eBay and Amazon?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
Complete Auctionbytes Article on Vendio Platform

A new Vendio Platform is launching in beta on March 4, 2009, offering free Stores for sellers. The Store offers robust features, and will charge fees only for those sellers wishing to sell on eBay and Amazon.com. Vendio also has plans to add support for other marketplaces.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be? - Marianne Williamson -

kolstromkreations

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Gemstone Jewelry
    • View Profile
    • MysticTopaz.net
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:17:19 PM »
Wow!  Thanks,  Donna!  It's a must try for me.

I've had Vendio Desktop installed for quite a while and just re-launched it.  Vendio Desktop is similar to TurboLister and with the new eBay features will get a serious look.  Item specifics, bulk edit, and find/replace appear to be supported though I just did a quick look.  TurboLister on steroids... :laugh:

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • southernjewelsfabfinds
    • Twitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 09:07:08 AM »
Do me a favor when you look at the details....I think there is a per item submitted fee.

I'm not sure...but I believe that's what I was told.

If there is a fee per item submitted, that rules it out for me.

kolstromkreations

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Gemstone Jewelry
    • View Profile
    • MysticTopaz.net
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 01:05:09 PM »
Didn't see any per item submitted fee.

The free store is totally free. 

Vendio Platform for Marketplace - Amazon and eBay - $10 a month plus fee for sales revenue.  60 day free trial and no Amazon fees for '09.
http://www.vendio.com/ecommerce/pricing

http://www.vendio.com/ecommerce/sitemap seems to be the best way to navigate.

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 02:08:54 PM »
The thing I couldn't quite make out is this: Is the $10/mo. set-up for listing on eBay/Amazon through Vendio? Or is it also if you're simply importing eBay/Amazon listings to your Vendio store?

kolstromkreations

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Gemstone Jewelry
    • View Profile
    • MysticTopaz.net
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 04:53:19 PM »
Don't know.  I got a free store and it acts like it's importing from ebay, but only one listing shows up.  It has a field mapping feature, similar to Cmax, where you convert your Amazon or eBay listings to Vendio format.  Of course, I may not have everything setup correctly.  Will try a bit more.

Unfortunately, the Vendio Desktop does the same.  My username ad pass connect and everything seems fine, but only get the one listing.  Did come accross this:
Vendio Desktop
Starting at $19.95 per month.
Vendio Desktop is the most innovative, powerful and complete solution that is easy enough for a casual seller, yet powerful enough for the largest online merchant
Coming Spring '09
So, maybe I need to pay the $10 and $20 more to do what I'd want.  The $10 I'd go for, maybe.  Negative the $20, just for the Desktop.
A ProStore is $20 (if you have an ebay store) and Turbolister is free.

biscuit

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • http://creativenotions.net
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 03:20:05 AM »
I've been looking for a service that would let me centralize my inventory for multiple platforms.  Amazon Webstore is decent... but I can only use that inventory for Amazon.com and my webstore sales.

One issue I've run into with so-called Multi-Platform services, they usually make it clear that "real-time" inventory when dealing with Amazon is a bit of a misnomer, as inventory adjustments can actually take up to 90 minutes(!), and there's no way around this (it's an Amazon limitation, apparently).  As a lot of my items are limited in quantity and availability, I just can't afford to take the chance of over-selling an item.

Also, this little bit on the AuctionBytes article caught my eye:

Buyers may combine items, with the exclusion of Amazon purchases.

Crap.  That would be a deal-breaker for me

I'll keep my eye on this, though.  If I could get ACTUAL real-time inventory and combinable Amazon purchases, I'd definitely consider this.  Amazon Webstore is convenient, and it's a pretty good product, but it's a bit pricey.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 06:24:20 PM »
yeah, it's an older thread, but just now getting some of the ones read from when I was out of town  :-[

One I'm looking at right nwo for managing multiple stores is Atandra's T-Hub.  Supposedly you can download sales from amazon seller central acct and then use that data to adjust inventory in quickbooks and then send that adjustment up to website. And, can do it the other way around as well - download sales from website to quickbooks and then push that out to amazon seller central.

So far I've used the download from website to quickbooks part, and that has worked well (well, once I got past some hurdles including figuring out why it wouldnt connect to quickbooks in vista - tech support couldnt find it, but I did).  Havent tried the amazon aspect of it yet.

the full version that allows you to upload inventory to website is a bit pricey at $700, but...

other features include sending batch of sales to dazzle with a few clicks and printing packing slips with a few clicks.  With T-Hub I can print packing slips and postage labels for a dozen packages in less than a minute.

It's not a perfect solution, because you still could end up selling the item twice since it depends on you pulling the info from one and updating to the other, but it's better than no solution.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf