Author Topic: Amazon no longer doing price adjustments  (Read 2964 times)

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Amazon no longer doing price adjustments
« on: November 29, 2008, 06:26:43 AM »
I didnt realize this, but Amazon no longer does price adjustments.  Used to, if you bought something and they lowered the price within 30 days (or maybe longer?), you could request a refund of the difference.  This is no longer the case; then ended that in September. 

You can still return unopened items for full refund (incl. shipping) within 30 days and can return defective items within 30 days for full refund.  If the price drop is enough, people will probably start claiming items are defective so that they can return them for full refund and then rebuying at lower price (in addition to the returning for full refund and rebuying if they havent opened it yet). 

Too many returns will get your accounts closed, so that is something I would NOT recommend (aside from the dishonest aspect of it).  In fact, they recently went through and did a huge housecleaning and cancelling a very large number of accounts for various reasons.

Anyway, just thought I'd let folks know that they no longer do price adjustments.  :(

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
Re: Amazon no longer doing price adjustments
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 07:22:28 AM »
Unless they have also recently changed their policy on this, Amazon does not refund shipping on buyers remorse returns and will deduct the actual cost of shipping from returns which shipped with super saver shipping or prime shipping.

Sade

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Fancy Flappers Unique Costumes
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
Dang! I was just wondering about this as I placed an order for a camcorder just 5 minutes ago.  :(
Flapper Dresses, Unique Flapper Costumes, 1920's Dress, Roaring 20's Fashion, accessories included.
http://fancyflappers.com/

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 11:01:43 AM »
The good news for consumers is that Amazon often sells things at way below retail with free supersaver/prime shipping in our category.

Last week they were selling this for under $10 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Martian-Matter-Alien-Maker-Playset/dp/B000XTPNTQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1228060844&sr=8-1

So there are good bargains to be had for those who hunt for them.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »
@sade - i was just reading that some people are still able to get price adjustments on orders that havent shipped yet.  (was a situation where item was bought the day before and then price dropped).  So, cant hurt to try.

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Violet Bee Boutique (handmade creations)
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 02:56:49 PM »
You can cancel your order with no consequences if it hasn't shipped yet, at least that's the way it used to be, so that might be why Amazon is willing to do the price adjustment on those. You could easily cancel it and buy it at the lower price.

Sade

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Fancy Flappers Unique Costumes
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:05:19 PM »
@sade - i was just reading that some people are still able to get price adjustments on orders that havent shipped yet.  (was a situation where item was bought the day before and then price dropped).  So, cant hurt to try.

AMZ had this camcorder at the lowest price, so I'm not all THAT worried about it, but my luck the price will drop after I get it.
Flapper Dresses, Unique Flapper Costumes, 1920's Dress, Roaring 20's Fashion, accessories included.
http://fancyflappers.com/

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
Amazon works in weird and wondrous ways.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf