Author Topic: Amazon and Gift Wrapping  (Read 4608 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Amazon and Gift Wrapping
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »
How important is it to have the image of the wrapping paper uploaded?

I'm worried if I run out of the paper that's in the uploaded Amazon image, and have to substitute, that my customer will be upset the image doesn't match.

Or is the fact that offer a varied assortment, Christmas, Hannukah, Baby Shower, Birthday Male/Female without image enough?

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
Re: Amazon and Gift Wrapping
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:25:52 PM »
We offer gift wrapping but we don't do images. 

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • The Violet Bee Boutique (handmade creations)
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
I've been planning to add giftwrap and was going to put up images...but haven't gotten around to it. Does there seem to be a standard fee people charge? As wel know, some items are a much bitter PITA to wrap than others, and I hate to just enable it for a few things.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:19:48 PM »
I didn't scan other sellers for their prices.

I added a price that was worth the extra step to me.

Thanks for the answer Chickie!
<big cheesy grin>

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 11:26:55 PM »
lol i was just thinking, some of the people who want things giftwrapped REALLY aren't picky about what the wrap design looks like. Like my husband. They're just happy someone else is doing it for them.

oal2

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Oranges & Limes
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 01:14:44 AM »
We post images, but I'm worried about the same thing - it would be nice to substitute if I need to.  We charge $4.95 but don't have everything marked for gift wrap - I'm all about only wrapping the easy stuff. :)
Kerry

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 06:53:23 AM »
Thanks Kerry.

I don't have everything marked for giftwrap either...just the easy stuff, too.

I didn't go with images...I felt it would be easier as time goes by. Plus, I might forget to change out the images if I ran out and then that definitely might tick off a customer. Ya just never know what can set them off.

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 09:52:08 AM »
Is there a way to select gift wrap availability for items without having to do the text feed upload? I've stayed away from those until now, but it seems to be the main mention in the help.

I'm HOPING that after a little while for the changes to register, I'll see something I can change on my inventory view page. I'm just going to enable it for the boxy items, which isn't that many. If I find some small gifty boxes cheap, then I'll enable it for more things...

biscuit

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • http://creativenotions.net
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 02:32:05 PM »
We offer gift wrap for $1.50 (per item), and we've had a few takers.  We offered four options - two Christmas-y ones, and two non-Christmas-y (i.e. snowflakes).  Not everyone celebrates Christmas, so we want to make sure everyone's covered.

We got two HUGE rolls of wrapping paper at Costco.  They're double-sided, so we can offer two styles for each roll.  My wife wraps (I suck at it), and even adds curly ribbon for a nice touch.

Is there a way to select gift wrap availability for items without having to do the text feed upload?

In your Inventory screen in Seller Central, "edit" an item, then select "More listing options" on the right side, then you'll see a "gift wrap" check box.

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »
Biscuit, I wanted to kiss you, until I couldn't find a "more listing options" in my edit screen.  ???

Attached is a picture of what I see after I click on edit. Maybe I'll have to do the inventory file download and figure out how to mark stuff true or false. There are many reasons I've stayed away from that option.

Your wife must enjoy gift wrapping a lot more than I do to do it for $1.50/item ;) I'm about to get into gift-wrapping mode for family and friends and wish I could get the option to appear for select Amazon items. There really aren't that many boxy items in my inventory. I'll look for some of the thin gift boxes to see how feasible it would be to offer it on other things. My family gets things boxed in shipping boxes sometimes, but I'd rather not do that for paid customer giftwrap service ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 03:33:08 PM »
My gift wrap option and gift message options are right below (the last options)....are you viewing it on your Mac or PC? Sometimes it makes a difference...never know this could be one of those.

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 03:39:37 PM »
I'm on my mac. I'll commandeer DH's PC tomorrow to see if it looks any different. Installing Windows using Parallels is a project that might not happen until after the holiday rush is over...my to do list is too long as it is!

I double-checked my account options to make sure the gift options were indeed enabled, and they are. Have been for at least a day, so it should be showing up.

biscuit

• Excellent Encourager
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • http://creativenotions.net
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »
Biscuit, I wanted to kiss you, until I couldn't find a "more listing options" in my edit screen.  ???

Attached is a picture of what I see after I click on edit. Maybe I'll have to do the inventory file download and figure out how to mark stuff true or false. There are many reasons I've stayed away from that option.

Hmmm...  yeah, your screen is different than mine looks.  Sorry to get your hopes up  :-(

I don't expect to make a lot of money off of it or anything, but I'm hoping it at least figures into the Buy Box calculations...

ICToys.com

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • IC Toys
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 10:30:24 PM »
Anne - don't you have a converted/marketplace 2.0 account?  I don't think you can offer gift wrap with that type of account.

serendipity

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 10:41:06 PM »
Beth, that might be the problem. Their help files aren't very good about being specific to the account I have.

There's a place for me to enable gift services, and I have, but I spent some time trying to figure out the inventory spreadsheet and I'm befuddled. I'm going to contact help and hope it doesn't take too long for them to get back to me with a helpful answer. No sense in me wasting more time trying to figure it out if my account doesn't actually let me do it.

FWIW, I tried using IE on a PC and my screen looked just the same as it does in Firefox on a Mac.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:30:47 PM by serendipity »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf