Author Topic: New requirement when sending products to Amazon FBA  (Read 76 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
New requirement when sending products to Amazon FBA
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:05:44 PM »
New requirement when sending products to Amazon

Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,

In order for your products to be placed in our fulfillment centers more accurately and to be ready for sale quicker, starting on October 2, 2017, you will be required to provide the weight of a product in the manufacturer’s original packaging.

This information will help improve the accuracy of your inventory records and help move your products through our fulfillment network more efficiently so that they can become ready for sale quicker. You will receive a prompt to enter this weight for each ASIN when you create a new shipping plan if this information is not already on file. You will only be asked to provide this information once per ASIN.

The weight of the product in the manufacturer’s original packaging is needed in addition to the box content information, because it allows us to calculate the weight of each unit within the box individually.

Visit Send FBA inventory to Amazon (sign-in required) to learn more about shipping to our fulfillment centers.

To find out more about box content information, visit Box content information for shipments to Amazon (sign-in required).

Thank you for selling on Amazon.

Sincerely,

The Fulfillment by Amazon team

**Note to self: Expect shipments to take three times as long thanks to listing against other sellers items that didn't fill in the weight when they set up the Amazon catalog page.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: New requirement when sending products to Amazon FBA
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 12:35:47 AM »
Another aggravation we have to go through when sending in product. As if we have unlimited time to do all of these wonderful things to help make the catalog pages more accurate.

Pffftttt......

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: New requirement when sending products to Amazon FBA
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 04:57:48 PM »
I agree.
I have a shipment ready to go except uploading it.
Do I have time today?
Nope.
Am I making time so I don't have to upload the new info that the original creator of the page didn't input?
Nope.
Day stated is October 2nd...I'll start then.
<grumble>

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf