Author Topic: Amazon Handling Time and Transit Time Policy Changes  (Read 200 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Amazon Handling Time and Transit Time Policy Changes
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »
Handling Time and Transit Time Policy Changes
Sep 21, 2017

You can now set the Handling Time for all your products to 1 day in Shipping Settings.  If any of your products already had 1 day Handling Time, then this change is effective immediately. To change this setting, go to the Edit Product page or use the Inventory file templates. For more information, visit Modify delivery time.

Based on feedback from sellers, we made this change to allow faster delivery times and therefore improve buyer satisfaction. For sellers who are already shipping items within 1 day, your new and existing products may be automatically defaulted to 1 day Handling Time.

The default Transit Time and available SLAs for Standard Shipping within the United States are also being updated to better serve our customers:
Media Item (Books, Music, Video, and DVD) updates:
4 – 8 business days to the Lower 48 States
7 – 14 business days to Hawaii and Alaska
Non-Media Item updates:
3 – 5 business days to Lower 48 States
4 – 8 business days to Hawaii and Alaska
Be sure to edit your shipping templates within Shipping Settings. To change the default settings, visit Create, edit, or delete shipping templates.

A new SLA of 2-4 days is also being introduced and will be available for selection by end of October. If you use USPS Priority or USPS First Class Mail for shipments to the Lower 48 states, we recommend you set a Transit Time of 2 – 4 business days to optimize customer experience. You will receive an email communication when this change becomes available.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Handling Time and Transit Time Policy Changes
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 12:43:46 AM »
My times are already faster than what Amazon is proposing. Plus, I don't do anything outside the continental 48. No more Alaska, Hawaii, or military bases. I got rid of all that as soon as I switched to the new shipping matrix. What a relief.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Handling Time and Transit Time Policy Changes
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »
Same here.
Except I do PR, Virgin Islands, Hawaii and Alaska.
I worked the numbers and most of my APO addresses are prime...so cut that out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf