Author Topic: Free inventory removal for a limited time 9-20-2017  (Read 339 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Free inventory removal for a limited time 9-20-2017
« on: September 20, 2017, 05:14:20 PM »
Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,

On October 1, 2017, monthly inventory storage fees will increase from $0.64 per cubic foot to $2.35 per cubic foot for standard-size items and from $0.43 per cubic foot to $1.15 per cubic foot for oversize items for October, November, and December. For a limited time, however, you can remove inventory for free to avoid these previously announced fees.

Starting today, September 19, 2017, FBA is waiving new removal-order fees for inventory that's currently in U.S. fulfillment centers. Act quickly before normal removal fees apply again.

To start, go to Manage Excess Inventory (Pro sellers) or FBA Inventory Age (Individual sellers) in Seller Central (sign-in required). Then choose Create removal order from the menu next to any FBA item in your inventory.

The new Inventory Performance Index (IPI) can help you identify which ASINs to remove. The IPI will show your excess inventory and the estimated costs of holding this inventory. 

If you remove inventory free of charge under this promotion, you will not be able to send in more units of these ASINs until your inventory levels fall below our projection of your sales for the next two months or until January 1, 2018. This sales projection is based on your average sales from the past 90 days. 

Note that removals during peak and promotional periods could take longer to process than the standard 10 to 14 days. Learn more about free removals (sign-in required).

The duration of the promotion is limited and may be discontinued at any time. Act now to take advantage.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.

Sincerely,

The Fulfillment by Amazon team

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: Free inventory removal for a limited time 9-20-2017
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »
Done.
182 items on their way to me.
Self-fulfill, Baby!
If they arrive in my hands in perfect condition....which hasn't been the case in the last year or so removals.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:58:47 PM »
I am choosing not to. For the few products that don't move fast enough for me, I'll just lower the price to get some cash flow going.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 10:09:56 AM »
I didn't completely remove all of a sku.
I am selling sporadically selling items out of season that others are sold out of but still have a crazy high rank.
Removed some and left some.
I can send back to Amazon January 2nd (or earlier if I sell out).

It's a gamble but dang one of the items would cost me $162.00 a year storage...got it the heck outta there!

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:25:25 AM »
$162 a year in storage? What are you storing? A nuclear submarine?

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 03:03:14 PM »
If I could find one to sell, I would.
<smile>

Tell me about it...I was flippin floored at the predicted cost after the new holiday fees went into effect.

For the most part the itemswere low cost to store at warehouse, then holiday storage fees would've been implemented in October.
Smarter to pull them out for free before the fees hit. I'll send them back in January after the holiday storage fees are dropped back down.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf