Author Topic: Food for thought: adapt or die  (Read 1556 times)

springintoscooters

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • The United States Postal Service's Official Mascot
    • View Profile
    • Spring Into Scooters
Food for thought: adapt or die
« on: June 11, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »
Staying one step ahead of the market trends is the key to survival. Look at all the companies that should have been prime candidates to take advantage of online retail that have either gone out of business or are a mere shadow of their former selves.
I refer to Montgomery Ward, Speigel (both out of business), JC Penney and Sears (both struggling).

<----- Slow ride. Take it easy.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
Re: Food for thought: adapt or die
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 11:36:09 AM »
I watched an interview with the CEO of Cisco and his logic was as you posted.
Projected online purchases are projected to be in the billions (hundreds).
Businesses must have websites ready to handle online traffic, speed, not a huge amount of flash, fast loading times.
Those that are already losing online traffic, didn't think ahead or chose to put their funding elsewhere.
Not smart.

I left a site the other day...had a purchase ready to go...took forever to put it into my cart and too many roadblocks/pop ups/click here/answer this/yada yada.
Dumped the item (I wasn't even able to remove item from cart without answering why I wanted to remove item...NO! I'm not answering your question) then proceeded to  looked at the second site in search, put item in cart, (wham bam and done) and had an email confirmation and purchased it at 10% more.
All in less time that it took me to go through the horribly set up first site.

That was my choice to pay the 10% more because I wasn't about to waste any more of my valuable time on a site that wasn't up to specs for my purchase.

The interview I watched this AM stated that of those online shoppers polled they would be willing to pay up to 20% - 40% more for an item online if the process was smooth/fast/no bumps in the road.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf