Author Topic: Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment U.S. Fee Changes - Effective August 30, 2017  (Read 2838 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment U.S. Fee Changes - Effective August 30, 2017

Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,

Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) allows you to have Amazon fulfill orders from your other sales channels with the same fast, efficient delivery that powers Amazon Prime and your FBA business. This includes build-in integrations with website providers such as Shopify and 3dcart. MCF fees in the U.S. will be adjusted to reflect the changing costs of fulfillment and to better align with Fulfillment By Amazon’s fee structure for orders placed on Amazon.com. The new rates will go into effect August 30, 2017. We’re notifying you now to give you time to plan for these changes.

We’re introducing the following updates to MCF fees:

Consolidation of Fulfillment Fees: The Order Handling, Pick & Pack, and Weight Handling fees will be consolidated into a single, per-unit Fulfillment Fee.

New Product Size Tiers: The current product size tiers will be segmented into the following tiers: Small Standard-Size, Large Standard-Size, Small Oversize, Medium Oversize, Large Oversize, and Special Oversize to align with Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). Media will no longer be a separate category.

Discounted Fees for Multi-Unit Orders: We will offer discounted per-unit fulfillment fees based on the number of units in a customer order for the following product size tiers: Small Standard-Size, Large Standard-Size, and Small Oversize. See details
Changes to Unit and Dimensional Weight: We will change the way we calculate unit weight and dimensional weight to match the calculations used by FBA for orders placed on Amazon.com. Unit weight will be calculated by adding individual unit weight to a standard packaging weight and then rounding up to the nearest pound. Dimensional weight will be calculated by taking the unit volume and dividing by 166.

For complete details on the fee changes, including product examples and definitions, visit our 2017 Multi-Channel Fulfillment Fee Changes page.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
I noticed that when it was announced. MCF is a waste of money because it is so expensive to use. It's actually cheaper to rent a cheap warehouse and ship things out on a daily basis. I can only imagine the storage fees and with the increase in FBA fees earlier this year, it's too expensive to use as MCF.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Agreed. It sounds like a great idea, but the fees are in crazy land.  There are a lot of companies providing fulfillment services around the country (even FedEx has this service) and I'd lay dollars to doughnuts that you can find one that will do it cheaper than Amazon, and they'd probably do a better job at it.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
High Five to you both for stating what I was thinking.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
And don't forget that they discontinued the neutral packaging last year. Now everything is branded Amazon. That alone (even if I could afford the fees) makes me refuse to use it. I'd rather have stuff sit around my house in boxes for years before I'd ever use MCF and have my customers on other websites get an Amazon package.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
And don't forget that they discontinued the neutral packaging last year. Now everything is branded Amazon. That alone (even if I could afford the fees) makes me refuse to use it. I'd rather have stuff sit around my house in boxes for years before I'd ever use MCF and have my customers on other websites get an Amazon package.
Yeah. Crazy to advertise another place with your outgoing shipments. Plus it can confuse ppl having an Amazon box show up when they bought on ebay, etc

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Hitting the imaginary like button on both of your comments.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf