Author Topic: Amazon merchant growth in 2014 ... Thanks to eBay!  (Read 681 times)

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
Amazon merchant growth in 2014 ... Thanks to eBay!
« on: April 07, 2015, 12:15:59 AM »
eBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the Web retailer.

Amazon's pool of merchants climbed to more than 2 million in 2014, while the number of sellers on eBay has remained flat at about 25 million in the past two years. Businesses that at first set up online storefronts on eBay say they're surprised how quickly sales surge on Amazon once products appear on both sites.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_27859523/amazon-woos-ebays-once-loyal-merchants-sales-growth

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon merchant growth in 2014 ... Thanks to eBay!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 08:10:04 AM »
A good majority of those dadgum sellers that have come over to Amazon do NOT follow the rules!
They think it's eBay and it drives me crazy!
I can and do understand competition but when competition comes they need to abide by the rules.
Weird titles, changing out pages, images that look like they were taken for eBay (items on carpet, toilets, no white background).
That's just the starting point of my beyatching on that subject.

Thanks for posting, BT.
Good enough!

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:44:48 AM »
My two favorites (as a buyer and seller) items not as described (condition, missing parts, etc) and them changing the listing

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:05:05 AM »
All CAPS, Partial Caps, condition in the title (new, new never opened, opened, nwot, grrrrrr), any combination and amount in a title * ~ ^

The poor Amazon Seller Forums just continually being asked the same question(s) over and over and over.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf