Author Topic: Amazon Supply --- to sell wholesale  (Read 1499 times)

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

DudeJewelry

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Supply --- to sell wholesale
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
I consulted for some industrial supply clients to get them on it back when it launched. Interesting, but in two years they've been on it the sales have been incredibly anaemic. Unless they changed how they're marketing it, it's kind of like going to Costco; tons of stuff but very little hand-holding to close the sale. Back then it was more like alibaba in Amazon livery.

Another interesting thing they launched and closed last night was an attempt to break into delivery:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/25/amazon-is-quietly-launching-a-local-takeout-service-to-rival-grubhub-seamless-and-deliveryhero/

Different vertical, different channel (Amazon Local app), but still interesting.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
Re: Amazon Supply --- to sell wholesale
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 09:56:09 AM »
From Comments:
"While they do have available more products on the supply site than they do on their main site (e.g., lab and scientific products), the search & filter functions on the AmazonSupply site are really lame, not much more than category and manufacturer."

@Dude
I remember reading an article months back re: Amazon's hopes to move forward with restaurants
I do remember seeing the local grocery delivery service on television as moving forward in larger cities.
I'm sure everyone's already seen this branding, it's been up for about 2 months.
Amazon Prime Pantry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf