Author Topic: Amazon Toy Category Now Restricted?  (Read 330 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Amazon Toy Category Now Restricted?
« on: April 18, 2018, 09:11:31 PM »
Amazon Toy Category Now Restricted?

I didn't receive the original email stating my account was restricted.
AND supposedly it was Amazon Services Europe.
Who knows....seriously.

I did receive not one, not two, but three emails stating:

We recently sent you an email with the subject line “Important information about your listings on Amazon,” regarding listings in the Toys category.

This message was sent in error, so please disregard it. There are no new requirements associated with your Toys listings at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for selling on Amazon,
Amazon Services

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Toy Category Now Restricted?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:43:29 PM »
Many people have received that email. Most (if not all) never received the "original" email informing them that toys would be a restricted category.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »
Yep.
Saw that on the forums.

I didn't receive the original.

Speculation (yammerings) on the Amazon Forums is that more than likely Amazon swooped in and purchased all the Toys R Us merchandise.
And I did see a familiary name pop out that might just be one of our members.
<wink>

Old Seller posted this on the forums (that's his member name not that I'm callin' names)
*****************************************************************************************************************
"Dear seller,
Please read this email carefully. The listing information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products.
As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for Toys products.
What does this mean for me?
Effective on 2018-04-18, you will need approval to list the affected products. If you do not obtain approval to sell these products prior to 2018-04-18, your listings for these products will be removed.

Why am I receiving this message?
You are receiving this message because you have sold affected products in the past. There is no penalty associated with this action.

How do I seek approval to sell the affected products?
If you would like to seek approval to sell the affected products, complete the following steps to start the application process:
In Seller Central, click the Inventory menu, and then select Add a Product.
Search for the ASIN you want to sell.
In the search results, click the Listing limitations apply link next to the ASIN.
Click the Request Approval button to start the application process.
We appreciate your co-operation in this important matter, and thank you for selling on Amazon.

Regards,
Amazon Services Europe"

Further posting to the same thread by Old Seller
****************************************************************************************************************
After much gnashing of teeth and confusion it seems it applies to 5 sub categories. here’s a reply from SS late in the day:-

"Greetings from Amazon.
From your correspondence, I understand that your concern is regarding the email received about approval for toy category.
Please note that this is just a generalized email that has been sent out to most of the sellers on the Amazon platform for category approval.
I would like to inform you that there is no action required on your part if you have not listed the products in the Toy category.

However, in future if you are listing products in the toy category, you would need to request approval using the below steps:
1.In Seller Central, click the Inventory menu, and then select Add a Product.
2.Search for the ASIN you want to sell.
3.In the search results, click the Listing limitations apply link next to the ASIN.
4.Click the Request Approval button to start the application process

Toy safety gating team had multiple overlaps in their processes for approving sellers that sell products that sell toys, therefore they have launched one approval process which will encompass all of the ASINs being captured by the below multiple gating categories into one category.

The below gating categories have now been combined into one, meaning all sellers that apply for approval for the below categories will now apply to one Toy gating category.

• Toy Building Blocks
• Learning Toys
• Infant Toys
• RC Vehicles
• Outdoor Toys

If you have received approval previously for the above mentioned categories, you need to to apply for approval again, and your product listings will not be affected in any way."

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »
So Legos, learning toys (whatever that means), infant toys, and outdoor toys have been gated? Or is it that theyre planning on gating and sent email prematurely?

I didnt get the original either but did get the other.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:47:58 PM by WayOutWest »

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 12:03:15 PM »
Who the heck knows?
Honestly, I have no fuuuuuhlipping idea.
What the what possessed them to send the emails out?
I received 3 of correction emails but not one of the original.

Shaking my dayum head.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf