Author Topic: Dropping in  (Read 338 times)

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Dropping in
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
Just saying Hi and updating on what's going on. Finished with shows for year. Now gotta report for jury duty today. Hope everyone's been doing well.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping in
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »
Waving at cha
Was just wondering if you were on the road or back in town.
Jury Duty!
Go get 'em.
I was so very sick last time I was called that I was excused.
Waiting to be called again.

Shows?
So much streaming.
So very much streaming.
Have you tried out Ozarks on Netflix?
Thumbs up!

This week we're anxiously awaiting the second installment of Stranger Things.

We've been slammed here but trying to get into the theaters for Blade Runner.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 09:38:38 PM »
I caught up on "Mom" while on road. Watched season 1 Ozarks (agree was good).

Jury duty didn't last long.  It's the end of the criminal court term, so they've been trying to clear the docket and only one case was left for the year.  A plea deal was worked out while us jurors were waiting in the wing, so to speak (all 100 of us in pool were in conference room down the hall). Once defendant signed waiver of right to jury trial, we were all sent home and wont be called back for at least 5 yrs. Glad because would have been a tough case to hear; was a rape and assault case  :-(

In other legal news, 10th circuit recently ruled in an appeal for guy on Okla death row that state didnt have jurisdiction because Congress never disestablished the Muscogee Creek Nation reservation (it's always been presumed that they did).  Ruling said if crime was committed by or against any indian on Creek Nation territory, it must be tried in tribal or federal court and Okla has zero jurisdiction.  :o. Creek nation area spans 11 counties and includes city of Tulsa. Big can of worms. Even raises ? of whether or not Okla improperly collected income taxes against people who live & work on Creek Nation land (incl Tulsa). It'll probably go to supreme court, but I read the 100+ pg verdict and judges laid out exactly why and seems clear to me that they ruled correctly based on laws & treaties.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 06:27:19 PM »
Once defendant signed waiver of right to jury trial, we were all sent home and wont be called back for at least 5 yrs. Glad because would have been a tough case to hear; was a rape and assault case  :-(

It'll probably go to supreme court, but I read the 100+ pg verdict and judges laid out exactly why and seems clear to me that they ruled correctly based on laws & treaties.

Five Years!
Sounds like an interesting case and will watch to see if it heads SC way.

Still counting down to Stranger Things.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 04:37:20 AM »
Supreme Court will pretty much have to rule against Creek Nation reservation status because of the can of worms.
 Does it eliminate state legislators from those areas incl. Tulsa? Does it mean ppl who live and work there are owed refunds of state income taxes? What about state sales tax collected there through the years? Not to mention that every case ever prosecuted by state that involves an indian tribe member would be overturned.  Even if still existing is 100% correct, I have doubts S.C. will rule that way.  Of course they could say that it doesnt affect any other case or event in past in order to prevent the legal mess.

Stranger Things 2 was good.

Gave notice to Kansas State Fair that we wont be returning, but that we would reconsider if they make some necessary changes (which wont happen). Will be nice to not have to race from MN to KS (MN ends 9pm Labor Day, takes us until 2am or so to be loaded, 12 hr drive to KS, and barely get set up in time for KS to open). Plus, after KS we only get 2 days at home before have to start Tulsa move in. Spend most of that time just doing the laundry that's accumulated for past month. Ugh!

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 10:33:43 AM »
We're on the 6th episode of Stranger Things.
I'm liking how the second season is going.
I won't post any spoilers in case someone is reading hasn't watched it yet.

Glad to hear you're cutting back on the season.
It has grown by leaps and bounds the time on the road you're now spending as in past years.

That's gotta be tiresome.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 06:13:55 PM »
Honestly, yeah, very tiresome. What really makes me crazy is 1, stuff getting misplaced because of constant moving (not just of booth, biz, and product, but personal effects too -- e.g. I just had to replace two credit cards that I know are simply lost somewhere in booth or RV. Probably slid between sofa and wall or somewhere similar in RV) and 2, having to play catch up on stuff around house, and the time we're home always seems to be when it's foul or simply miserable weather, making it a pain for outside stuff that needs doing.

Next year will be better though what with not doing Kansas any more. YaY!!

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 09:08:36 PM »
Coming home knowing upkeep needed to be done.
Ugh!
How you manage both is beyond me and these creaky old bones of mine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf