Author Topic: Trying Out Bonanza  (Read 10151 times)

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
Re: Trying Out Bonanza
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 04:02:57 AM »
Thanks BTPS. I checked them out, and registered. Now I just have to read all their instructions.

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 02:25:41 AM »
Hi Folks, I think it's time to give my updated report on my Bonanza booth.  I first posted this Dec 2 2010, so it's been over 3 months. I have worked my can off promoting, have double the amount of listings on Bonanza then I do on ebay and the sales are few if most weeks nonexistent.  I tried their Plus program, no help in sales either.  The people who make money there are promoting for other people on bonanza or having individual auctions. I have had 2 auctions. Had to give my stuff away, just to get anybody to bid, but the same items were selling on ebay everyday..at the asking price.
Bonanza owners now are implementing a Silver, Gold, and Platinum program which is tiered at $10, $24, $50 a month.
At $50 level you get free consultation and more exposure. They had also planned to call the people who opted in for the $50.00 a month Power Sellers. (Which I take offense to since I have to continually work very hard to keep that title on ebay.) Bonanza! I guess you can just buy it.
It seems that the investors money went into the pockets of the owners of Bonanza, because they have done nothing with it to promote their site and grow.
I was going to work as hard as I could to make this a go, and give it six months. But...My time is more valuable to me and I'm done promoting Bonanza any longer. I could be doing this myself at a web site of my own.  I guess I will just let my stuff sit there and hope someone pops in once in awhile.  I have thousands of business cards with my ebay and bonanza name on them, so no reason to get in a rush. 
There is so much more to post about, but you get the idea. If you want to try it, email me first, so you don't try everything to promote, that is posted on their forums.  You will be nothing but exhausted...  This isn't meant to offend anyone who is a Bonanza lover, just my honest opinion. :m218 ??? :zz

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 02:58:58 AM »
It seems that the investors money went into the pockets of the owners of Bonanza, because they have done nothing with it to promote their site and grow.
They hired a few highly paid folks.  Don't ask me what they do.

I know one thing.  Their refund system for fees on unpaid items SUCKS!  especially if you refund after you paid Bonanza.
For ages I have asked them to SHOW ME where my refund is and they can't do it.
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:24 AM »
Thanks, Gayle for giving your honest opinion of your experience with Bonanza.

EverythingNice

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Homeopathynotes.com
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »
Bonanza has been a huge disappointment for me.  I now only have my custom designs still listed there.

Plenty of sellers, no buyers. They need to advertise. Lots of sellers have complained about the lack of advertising to bring in more buyers. Sad to say the suggestions fall on deaf ears.

It's been back to eBay and a few things on Addoway for the past few months. Good thing I still do medical transcription from my home.

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »
I could be doing this myself at a web site of my own. 
Correct!

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 06:46:56 AM »
6 month update on Bonanza.  I haven't been on here much, been busy trying to promote. Well.....guess what...it is finally paying off. I'm getting steady sales now. I'm glad I didn't quit when I got so frustrated.  I do have to promote daily,  but I'm at least seeing some rewards for my work. Bonanza is very different than the bay. Much more personal and friendly. One thing nice is the friends you meet on there also promote for you. So staying on both the bay and bonanza

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 07:59:32 AM »
Great, wondered why you were still promoting Bonanza on FB.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »
Thanks for the update and I'm very glad that you've found another venue that works for you.
I do see Bonanza items in Google Shopping searches...I've even purchased a few items.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 10:12:50 AM »
nr-
thanx for the update.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com