Author Topic: Trying Out Bonanza  (Read 9348 times)

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
Trying Out Bonanza
« on: December 02, 2010, 03:09:40 AM »
I've been busy the last few days, and made a decision to give Bonz a try. I've got about 50 items listed and today I finally got 1 sale. Whoo Hoo!!  I also bought another domain name to forward to the Bonz booth. I thought it would be worth a try and at least let my regular customers on ebay know about it.  I have discovered I am not good at the social media thing.  (You'd never know it from here) but I just can't get into the facebook thing.  If any of you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate the help.  I don't know how many people here sell on Bonanza but I guess to get noticed, you have the privilege of paying for their plus or premier services on a monthly or yearly basis.  Between ebay fees, paypal fees, inkfrog and Bonanza, I might do better at McDonald's.  :zz :zz

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Trying Out Bonanza
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 08:50:47 AM »
I haven't done anything at Bonanza besides claim my name.......but I'd love to see your link, and can't wait to see this thread develop.

Isn't it EverythingNice who does so well there?  Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else  :m218

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »
Yep.
Sandy/EverythingNice does or used to do well at the site.
When you get it all set-up...be sure to put up a link!

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
I have a Booth there and have had for about as long as they have been in business.

The first several months my sales were great but then they all but died.  If it wasn't free to list there then I wouldn't!!  However I did have a sale there today.

It's the same with iOffer.

Gaylene, what's the problem with your social skills  :smarty

Cindy, as far as claiming your name on Bonanza.  Smart!!

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »
 Noticed, the big PayPal Buyer Protection - Buy With Confidence logo they have added?

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:52:49 PM »
Between ebay fees, paypal fees, inkfrog and Bonanza, I might do better at McDonald's.  :zz :zz
Try White Castle.  At least you can get a million dollar lump sum at retirement.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
I've been so exhausted, I just woke up 4:00 pm.   Maybe it's time to retire, but White Castle is a great option.  I love those tiny buns and greasy hamburgers.  Pension plan?  I'd have to cash it in early to pay for my hamburgers. 

There isn't any setting up your booth there, unless you become a member.  You can't change the way your pictures are displayed.  You don't get recognized with a product on the main page, and you can't put up extra pictures or or little ads on your booth.  If I read this right is $100.00 a year for a "plus" membership and $200.00 a year for a "Premier" membership.  Plus any fees after you sell something. 
I'll let you know more later.  So far, I've bought $30.00 off of one woman who keeps asking me if I want to buy more.  $10.00 for someone to tweet about my site twice a day for 1 week, and joined the syndicate LOL (where you pay other peoble to talk about your items, and you pay a %.   P.S. In the mean time my ebay sales are still steady.  :?

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
my bonanza stores just sit then bang for a few days then sit for months, lol
I just let it sit ... don't cost me anything
BUT I hate trying to get a refund for fees when it goes unpaid or you refunded or whatever.  That's alot of work for a buck.  I even had Mark (one of the owners) tell me that in an email that it's alot of work for my 25ยข refund I was requesting ... well DUH, make it easier!  Guess they think sellers won't bother requesting it if they make it hard!

I never created a listing there.  I just import from various ebay ids.
my listings look like crap because of how they come over
They only grab the gallery image not of the others
BUT I figure EXPOSURE is what it's all about.

ps --- I grew up with White Castle, didn't like it after a night of drinking and still don't like it.  Try ordering one with no onions, LMAO
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

ITSDF

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • If The Shoe Doesn't Fit
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 09:35:04 PM »
Wow - its so interesting to read perspectives.  As a site owner I am so intimidated by Bonanza because they seemed "to do everything right" and got sooo much press - and everyone was saying how it was wonderful and free to list and amazing .... I don't want to say "nice to hear" because I don't wish anyone frustration - but I am glad to know that there is such a thing as PR.

http://www.iftheshoedoesntfit.com
The Auction Site for Shoe Lovers!
Sell, Swap, or Shop for Shoes

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 02:47:06 AM »
Wow - its so interesting to read perspectives.  As a site owner I am so intimidated by Bonanza because they seemed "to do everything right" and got sooo much press - and everyone was saying how it was wonderful and free to list and amazing .... I don't want to say "nice to hear" because I don't wish anyone frustration - but I am glad to know that there is such a thing as PR.

I personally don't like any of the improvements since they won that grant or whatever that was last summer, I think it was.  Gave them cash to add more people can stuff, but the improvements ... like nightly emails telling me I haven't posted that I shipped - which I don't do anywhere!  I send an email and that's it.

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

EverythingNice

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Homeopathynotes.com
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »
I'm still on Bonanza, but sales have continued to drop for the past six months. I have very little in my booth anymore, but have left a few things since it is free to list.  I've made a lot of good friends there, but that does not help pay the bills.  Still selling on eBay.  IMHO, you can't beat the exposure, despite what you think of their fees, etc.  The state of the economy does not help either.  I've had more non-paying buyers for the past few months than ever before.

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 07:38:22 PM »
It's very hard to find what you're looking for on Bonanza.  If you don't put in the exact word the seller used, it gives you no results.  I think they should work on their program a little more.  I do like their picture uploader.  I like inkfrog's new flash uploader, but it doesn't work all the time.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 04:22:43 AM »
Wow - its so interesting to read perspectives.I don't want to say "nice to hear" because I don't wish anyone frustration - but I am glad to know that there is such a thing as PR.

This is the big advantage to a site like ASM.  Rather than have people who may only deal on one site, there are people here with experience in various venues, and they don't have to watch their words because they're posting on a site owned by the business they're posting about.
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
My personal view:
Bonanzle equals similar work as eCrater, Bidville, your own hosted domain store website etc. 
The seller has to work hard, hard, hard at getting your items found via blogs, Twitter, Facebook and more. (thus Gaylene's question regarding social media and how to use them)
Yes, I do twitter my items from my independent site (outside of Amazon/eBay) but it's few and far between...mainly because I forget or don't have time and it's farther down on my to-do list.

I do like that Amazon has on each item Share via email, Facebook or Twitter....very convenient.

I've found that shortly after "twittering" an item/items from my Amazon account, a sale does come within a short period of time.

I wish eBay would offer the same...twitter button, like button for Facebook, etc. It would make sharing items much easier. They do have the email share button but that's not as convenient.

I also added my twitter feeds to my blogs so the twitter postings show up automatically.

More back-links.

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »
New update:  Well...so far 2 sales, amounted to almost $60.00.  Have spent over $100.00 buying from other people.  Amount of hours spent putting items on the site, learning how to use it, and trying to promote.???   In the mean time I've been busy shipping orders out everyday from ebay and haven't even paid attention to my store.

So there goes ya.....ebay's name still speaks for itself, without you having to twitter a tweet

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
New update:  Well...so far 2 sales, amounted to almost $60.00.  Have spent over $100.00 buying from other people.  Amount of hours spent putting items on the site, learning how to use it, and trying to promote.???

This is a good deal? lol

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 11:17:07 PM »
For the record ... I do NOT promote my Bonanza stores at all
I just let them sit

They get their sales on their own

I do promote my ecrater stores using Twitter and like Donna stated TWEET and it sells. I've sold a bunch of monkeys mostly by using facebook and twitter.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:50:12 AM by BTPS »

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 12:33:45 AM »

I do promote my ecrater stores using Twitter and like Donna stated TWEET and it sells. I've sold a bunch of monkeys mostly by using facebook and twitter.

Same here, no FEES!!

nightrunway

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • nightrunway
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 07:11:32 AM »
Still at ebay & bonanza.  I think the people who make the most money at bonanza are the one's you hire to promote for you. The lady who is doing the tweets for me at the moment, wes one of the highest sellers for the week at bonanza.

As for trying to promote for myself, I finally started to do a facebook page (thanks to prompting from Steve) I still don't know how to tweet.

I really admire you people who can keep all these business going on different sites. 2 ebay places and bonanza and I don't have any time for myself.

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 06:59:46 PM »
I'm too cheap to pay anyone to tweet for me, lol.  Can't imagine what you pay for someone to do it for you.

I use www.socialoomph.com  to schedule tweets etc.  I can sit down and type them for 30 minutes saving each one and then I schedule them.  I'll end up with a few days for tweets.  Since I save them, next time I can add some new ones and also schedule so old ones and before you know it I have a month of tweets all ready to launch.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf