Author Topic: Why are there scrollbars in my sig area?  (Read 2824 times)

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Why are there scrollbars in my sig area?
« on: June 25, 2007, 07:21:47 AM »
If your sig area is showing scrollbars, it means that your signature is larger than allowed.  This can result from font size, graphics too large, etc. 

Although the rules technically state 4 lines, and a max font size, and a max image size, the spirit of the rule is that the total signature area used shouldnt be taller than 4 lines of text at the default size.  If your signature area has scrollbars, it is in your best interest to make adjustments so that other users will be able to view you complete signature.

Note: FireFox doesnt show the scrollbars, due to the way it interprets the javascript (and I haven't gotten around to altering the code to account for FireFox). 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 07:44:53 AM by wayoutwest »

dyar

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • http://synchronicity.ecrater.com/
Re: Why are there scrollbars in my sig area?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »
Also, the signature box is limited to 260 characters. If you insert an image, width=xx height=xx will be added to the characters in the box which will count against the 260, although they won't be shown. This may cause the signature line to be truncated.

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
Re: Why are there scrollbars in my sig area?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:08:17 PM »
True.  My resulting sig was only one line but the code used to write it was longer I guess cause I signed in one day and half of it was gone :?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf